baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

So, which of the following sequels is more over-predicted in this game:

-22 Jump Street

-How To Train Your Dragon 2

-Think Like A Man Too

-Planes 2

I'm leaning towards Planes 2. That strikes me as the type of movie where after folks saw the first one, the decision will be made to just wait and watch the second one at home instead of in the theater.

I have a bad feeling about HTTYD2. This is really giving me the Kung Fu Panda 2 and STID vibe. A 1st movie most people really enjoyed, but weren't clamoring for a sequel and the internet loves the 1st creating more hype then what is there in real life for the follow up.Despicable Me 2 I could tell there was huge anticipation and the kids were hooked on the minions and even with the 2nd biggest amount of hype of any modern day animation film ever it still only hit 360m. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm starting to worry about 250m at this point. It seems no ones excited except the forums like with STID and KFP2 and that scares me.It may have to rely on legs rather then a big OW.

At least so far I've managed to avoid including any movie in my top 15 that won't make it there. Edge of Tomorrow is next up...Also a side note, but with preseason question 20 a lot of it can be scored thanks to neighbors.

Depending on Grand Seduction numbers I've only got 1 question wrong this week and am in the running for Godzilla, openers and percent drop bonuses. A good week for me, though rankings are going to be a clusterfuck. I hope to get 1.

So... has Portugal screwed CJohn on SOTM6 yet? 

Probably yes  :ph34r:

The good news is that the movie will be first again this weekend  ^_^, the bad news is the big drop  :ph34r:

Edited by CJohn

Probably yes  :ph34r:

The good news is that the movie will be first again this weekend  ^_^, the bad news is the big drop  :ph34r:

I went for Spidey in Uruguay, it opened with twice the OW as DOFP or Godzilla. Hopefully neither one catches up.

You should have just done some research and you would have found that Spidey is easily winning in Uruguay :) I'm gonna LOL so hard if X-Men lose Portugal :D

There are a lot of lengths I am willing to go to to try and win the BSG, however trawling the box office past of Uruguay so look for patterns and history to help me answer an SOTM question just missed the cut of how far I'm willing to go :)

There are a lot of lengths I am willing to go to to try and win the BSG, however trawling the box office past of Uruguay so look for patterns and history to help me answer an SOTM question just missed the cut of how far I'm willing to go :)

It's like 5 mouse clicks :D

Spidey opened to 120k and XM and GZ to 60k. Not a hard choice :)

You should have just done some research and you would have found that Spidey is easily winning in Uruguay :) I'm gonna LOL so hard if X-Men lose Portugal :D

Damn!