Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

I ... didn't hate it. I ... really liked parts of it. Feeling fairly ambivalent about it overall, though.

I can kinda get where you're coming from. Even though nearly everything about it is technically good, there's still something that just doesn't quite register with me. For me, I think it's really just that Captain America's character is too superhero archetypal and Chris Evan's portrayal is too stiff for me to ever truly invest. I dunno, I keep thinking about the movie and even though I can't pinpoint much of anything I thought was bad I still don't care that much about it. :unsure:

• Like 1

Friday Update #2: Sources report that post-Thursday business for Captain America: The Winter Soldier is quite strong, although perhaps not as explosive as Thursday's performance indicated in comparison to the trends of Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. The Cap's sequel could now be in store for a sub-$40 million Friday total, still giving it a great shot at $90-95 million for the weekend (which would still break the April record). Disney and Marvel would be more than pleased with that.

It's worth mentioning, however, that the higher movies perform, the more erratic early projections tend to be. One component of that is the uncertainty between stronger- or weaker-than-expected West Coast night business at the time of this update (6:35 Pacific).

Edited by kayumanggi

LOL, MGS. Yep, MovieMan, that mirrors my opinion. I liked it less than I expected (and I like the movie Cap, generally speaking). I was alternately bored and occasionally jolted awake by something that was pretty neat. Man, this felt like a 4-hour movie.

Friday Update #2: Sources report that post-Thursday business for Captain America: The Winter Soldier is quite strong, although perhaps not as explosive as Thursday's performance indicated in comparison to the trends of Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. The Cap's sequel could now be in store for a sub-$40 million Friday total, still giving it a great shot at $90-95 million for the weekend (which would still break the April record). Disney and Marvel would be more than pleased with that.

It's worth mentioning, however, that the higher movies perform, the more erratic early projections tend to be. One component of that is the uncertainty between stronger- or weaker-than-expected West Coast night business at the time of this update (6:35 Pacific).

:lol:  It's still gonna get 100 million if it misses 40 million ... but they're essentially opening the wiggle room for the west coast taking it higher.

Edited by Adam

LOL, MGS. Yep, MovieMan, that mirrors my opinion. I liked it less than I expected (and I like the movie Cap, generally speaking). I was alternately bored and occasionally jolted awake by something that was pretty neat. Man, this felt like a 4-hour movie.

Maybe I should avoid this.