Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

35-37 2 million difference vs 45 million and the dozens of 115 million Weekend predictions on friday

To be fair, a midnight number of 10.5M even with a IM3 like 11.7X multiplier (lowest for Marvel so far) would lead to 115M. So it was not outside the realm of possibility to think that it would hit 115M from the midnights. It just so happened that the midnights turned out to be greatly frontloaded.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Is there a middle ground between two teams? I need a second viewing, but after the first time, I would say I'm in the no man's land atm.

Well, there's a group for that too.

I'm leaning towards B+ territory or so. Lots of minor issues, but a very entertaining product nonetheless.

• Like 1

Divergent is doing a very important thing for YA adaptations. It is proving that a middle ground exists between the HP, Twilight and THG mega blockbusters and the Vampire Academy, Beautiful Creatures, Mortal Instruments flops. A mid-level hit which recoups its money and then some basically.

That is a solid point.

look on this board on friday and go over the predictions I was seeing 110+ multiple times

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what was going on

People extrapolated those numbers early Friday based on Thor 2's performance. Then they adjust as the weekend goes on and we get better numbers

Nikki said 35 Friday afternoon. People said that was low. It was. Number got closer as the day went on until we landed. Of course the numbers from later in the day are closer than the early extrapolations

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

• Like 5

Only 92M? Pfft.

You guys said it would gross more than MoS.

Teehee.

Dude, seriously, Not now, don't start this.

Too Late....

MoS midnights => 9m

CA2 midnights => 10m

But then what happened????

MoS Weekend >> 100m

CA2 Weekend << MoS Weekend

Posted Image

• Like 1

Divergent is doing a very important thing for YA adaptations. It is proving that a middle ground exists between the HP, Twilight and THG mega blockbusters and the Vampire Academy, Beautiful Creatures, Mortal Instruments flops. A mid-level hit which recoups its money and then some

basically.

I wonder if it can reach 150m. Probably not

• Like 1

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what was going on

People extrapolated those numbers early Friday based on Thor 2's performance. Then they adjust as the weekend goes on and we get better numbers

Nikki said 35 Friday afternoon. People said that was low. It was. Number got closer as the day went on until we landed. Of course the numbers from later in the day are closer than the early extrapolations

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

The point is people on here are to quick to dismiss deadline or Nikki's projections because they disagree with their preconceived ideas over the gross as proven by friday.