Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

the power just cut-out in the mide of my Cap 2 screening. viaduct scene :S. theyre restoring the picture soon though

Same thing happened in my screening as well. We ended up getting free IMAX ticket for future showings, hopefully you'll get a free ticket as well. 

Same thing happened in my screening as well. We ended up getting free IMAX ticket for future showings, hopefully you'll get a free ticket as well.

yeah looks like they couldnt restore the picture. they just gave us 2 free passes each

Getting back to numbers, if Cap 2 finished between 93-100M, it would be the lowest multiple from midnight numbers for Marvel movies. As Spizzer had pointed out, early midnights is deflating Friday and inflating Saturday (the same thing happened with Thor and Catching Fire).

I'd just like to point out here that 8-9-10pm previews are still a relatively new thing, only really prevalent for the past 12-18 months, if that.

100% of moviegoers are not fully on board with 8pm replacing midnight yet. It's going to take a while for 8pm to really catch on.

In the not so olden days, you would go to the theater at midnight, and you knew that if a screen sold out, the theater would have a ton of available screens, so they'd just add another one. But these days theaters only devote one screen to the 8pm show, and if it sells out, you can wait for the 9pm or whatever one, because all the other screens have other movies scheduled for earlier times, so they can't just continue adding 8pm shows. Which I think encourages some folks to just plan on going to the 10pm show in the first place, because they know they won't have to fight the crowd. (Though I think with some movie, maybe the final Twilight, my local theater scheduled all other movies to end by 8, so they could devote every screen to Twilight. But that's the exception with the new 8pm previews, not the rule.)

Basically, my point is, these new 8pm previews are still a work in progress. Expect them to continue to evolve over the next 24 months.

TWS earlier today 34.3-36

Sat

CATWS 35.1,Noah 7.3,Div 5.7,GND 3,MMW 2.9,GBH 2.7,MPS 2.3,NFS 830k,Sab/NS 800k

Wish it would have went up, but good that it at least stayed in the same range instead of going down.

TWS earlier today 34.3-36 SatCATWS 35.1,Noah 7.3,Div 5.7,GND 3,MMW 2.9,GBH 2.7,MPS 2.3,NFS 830k,Sab/NS 800k

Yep. Awesome! Thank you very much Rth.

With 35 on Saturday and a Thor 2 like (or IM3 like) drop on Sunday, it will end with 95.3-95.8M for the weekend. Disney may project 95M as the final figure most likely, and it may increase with actuals.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4