Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

whoa, 2 for the price of 1? That's far better than usual!

funny thing about it is, immediately right after the power cut-out one of the dudes on my row goes "i better get my money back," but his friend goes, "fuck the money... I wanna see the movie!"  :lol:

but anyway yeah i definitely came out ahead

With 35 on Saturday and a Thor 2 like (or IM3 like) drop on Sunday, it will end with 95.3-95.8M for the weekend. 

Sounds good. That's a 30m increase over the first one's opening weekend.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

With 35 on Saturday and a Thor 2 like (or IM3 like) drop on Sunday, it will end with 95.3-95.8M for the weekend. Disney may project 95M as the final figure most likely, and it may increase with actuals.

While I would have loved it to make 100M, around 95M is still fantastic. Opening to 10M more than Thor 2 is a great accomplishment. 

Cap2 would have needed a 38M Saturday to guarantee 100M. Unless it holds better than any Marvel movie bar Avengers has held so far, looks like we will have to wait till Fast 7 next year for the first ever 100M April OW.

Edited by grim22

While I would have loved it to make 100M, around 95M is still fantastic. Opening to 10M more than Thor 2 is a great accomplishment. 

I hadn't even realized that.

Sounds good. That's a 30m increase over the first one's opening weekend.

Shhh, there's no such thing as The Avengers Effect, stop trying to spread your lies Loki!

That said, it will be very interesting to see how Marvel does with a non Avengers movie when GOTG comes out.

• Like 1

Cap2 would have needed a 38M Saturday to guarantee 100M. Unless it holds better than any Marvel movie bar Avengers has held so far, looks like we will have to wait till Fast 7 next year for the first ever 100M April OW.

I remember that was the hope for Fast 5 when it set the record. 

What do you have as the drop for Cap 2 for Sunday?

If Cap opens to anything over $90 million I think $270 million is locked with the WOM it's been getting.

Don't get your hopes up too high.

And beating the April OW record by about 10M is a pretty impressive accomplishment too.

Especially if you look up the facts and discover that the old "April" OW record was actually set on April 29, April 30, and May 1.

• Like 1

If it's close enough, numbers will be fudged..

There's nothing to fudge from. Frozen is done in theaters. If they hadn't released the DVD then I would say it was possible.

I remember that was the hope for Fast 5 when it set the record. 

What do you have as the drop for Cap 2 for Sunday?

The first Captain America movie dropped 20% on Sunday, but that was in July. For this, IM3 and Thor 2 are better comparison points, so I think a 30-32% drop is logical.

• Like 1

The first Captain America movie dropped 20% on Sunday, but that was in July. For this, IM3 and Thor 2 are better comparison points, so I think a 30-32% drop is logical.

Ah thanks.