Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

The 8 to 11 pm shows too use to be Thursday grosses. Now they are added to midnights. What's the cutoff? How early can you show a movie on Thursday and still add the gross to Fri?

Seeing how my local theaters had a combined 33 shows for Cap 2 of which only 7 shows were starting 12:01. I would say that a majority of the 10.2M came from Thursday for Cap. Basically 80% of the "midnight" shows were done before midnight.

Edited by grim22

Studios are lobbying to include Wednesday previews into the following OW.

If they do this, then BOM needs to revise the numbers for films like Matrix Reloaded, Pirates 3 (hell they should already do this one since it made $13m from Thursday 8 PM shows...no different than every movie getting released today).

Yes. How was it?

It was awesome!  :excited:

It reminded me of how I really liked watching the first Iron Man and TA on theaters. Ah good times.

Action sequence was on point, my fave one was when fury's car window was about to get smashed.

Tho the humor isn't like with IM1 and TA imo, still i laughed a couple of times lol.

It was awesome! :excited:

It reminded me of how I really liked watching the first Iron Man and TA on theaters. Ah good times.

Action sequence was on point, my fave one was when fury's car window was about to get smashed.

Tho the humor isn't like with IM1 and TA imo, still i laughed a couple of times lol.

Oh and *spoiler*

Scarlet Witch

Edited by tonicjr

Alright so no $100m opener for Captain America 2.  10m Thursday got everyone's hopes up. So I guess it was a bit frontloaded. Happens. So I guess the back to earth number is 90-94m. Still fantastic in the grand theme of things.

TOP 12 of 2014

Posted Image

I have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in the "Lego Movie" legs. After opening to 70M and an A+ Cinemascore (yeah yeah I know). It should have got to around 280 or so based on the OW, finishing around mid-250s seems like a letdown.

Great performance for a movie no one thought would even touch 150, but after the breakout opening, it has had normal animated movie legs.

Spring Break vs. regular Thursday night in November?

Ok. Makes sense though I didn't know people were still on break. I guess it's different times for different people. All the kids I know are already back in school.