John Marston

Edge of Tomorrow OS Thread

WARNER BROS

Edge Of Tomorrow added $6.9m from 64 Warner Bros Pictures International markets to rise to $234.5m.

Leading the way for the Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt sci-fi is China of course on $63.4m, followed by South Korea on $35.2m, Russia on $20.5m and the UK on $12.2m. Japan opens next weekend on July 4.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/transformers-4-storms-to-201m-intl/5073630.article?blocktitle=BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40299

• Like 1

Warner Bros’ Edge Of Tomorrow added $7.5M (up from $6.9M estimated) from 5,023 screens in 63 markets. The international cume is now $235.1M. China remains the top market for the film with a total of $63.4M, followed by Korea at $35.3M, Russia ($20.5M), the UK ($12.2M) and France ($8.4M). Meanwhile, Warner Bros.’ other big film, Godzilla (from Legendary Pics) has made $291M to date with most of its gross coming from China ($75.1M); the next biggest territory is the UK with $28.8M.

I gotta respectfully disagree. I think this film had a lot of heart and tons of humor.

Agreed. The audience really laughed a lot during my 2 viewings. It's one of the reasons I loved it so much.
  • Like 3

That begs the question then, WHY was this sold as a gritty, straight action movie in the States? I don't think I've ever seen a studio completely throw out the marketing campaign they had been using for the past 6 months, after the first WEEK. From what I've heard, the "live on the EDGE" campaign represented the movie much better - maybe if they had gone with that from the get-go, instead of bringing it out as damage control when it was already too late?

From what I've heard, the "live on the EDGE" campaign represented the movie much better - maybe if they had gone with that from the get-go, instead of bringing it out as damage control when it was already too late?

were to busy promoting Godzilla.

EOT trailers have "LA battle" vibe, which is not good.

But I went to cinema anyway, cause I always watch TC movies in cinema.

EOT is a good movie, but it is a cold movie.

Oh, do you mean sex? :D

But seriously, EOT is most human story in recent years` blockbusters. I care about J-squad even.

Evolution of main characters (Cage & Rita) is as dramatic and sympathetic as say, in Rain Man, but in addition EOT has action, fights etc.

Edited by Gagen

Did EoT literally lose everyone of its screens in China over the weekend? I know you can still see a $3.2 mil total in some of the charts but I believe that's its mid-week figure. What a weird way to run a box office!

Did EoT literally lose everyone of its screens in China over the weekend? I know you can still see a $3.2 mil total in some of the charts but I believe that's its mid-week figure. What a weird way to run a box office!

Firedeep from China Box Office has explained this before.  Some of the theater(normally small one) in China reported their numbers late (few days or sometimes even up to 1 week late.)  This may due to staff days off or holidays, staff sick or lazy staff etc  

Edited by A K A