Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

I saw Lego.  Almost fell asleep in it.  I thought it was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had in the theater.

How much will Easter help Noah, since it's WOM with the religious crowd is not good overall?

I will just say again, there was a way to make a Noah movie that wasn't super staid, without seeming generally WTF to American Christians, and that movie probably could have approached $200m or more because it would have repeat business and Christians would've taken their kids to see it, too. Aronofsky's an art house guy who made an art house movie, and that's fine, but as a business decision it will always baffle and amaze me, how much money Hollywood is willing to throw some people's way.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

I don't see how Rio 2 can make more than Cloudy 2... they're both unwanted sequels to smaller children's movies from bigger studios :(

How is a film that made 500M WW an unwanted sequel?  ;)

• Like 4

Most people I know dislike Noah, even the agnostic/atheist people.I have yet to meet one person that liked the movie.

I disliked it and I'm not religious.  IMO, except for some of the acting, it's just a bad movie.

I don't see how Rio 2 can make more than Cloudy 2... they're both unwanted sequels to smaller children's movies from bigger studios :(

Cloudy 2 is a direct to DVD sequel that found his way into theaters because the first was big enough.

I remember people liking the first Rio a lot. It is a 500M WW beast that had good legs. It was obviously gonna make more than Cloudy 2, DOM and WW.

• Like 1

All of the above Noah reached 100M.

I thought you said Friday the 13th is the biggest OW not to make 100.  You mean Noah?

I agree with him, the laughs weren't huge in that film, there was just a lot of little laughs.

It's still the funniest movie I've seen this year

I saw Lego.  Almost fell asleep in it.  I thought it was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had in the theater.

... that doesn't surprise me knowing you. :P It's still my favorite movie I've seen this year, and I'll be shocked if it doesn't stay in my top 5 by the end of it.

How is a film that made 500M WW an unwanted sequel?  ;)

Oh silly, baumer, I only think about domestic! :P