Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Just got a pre-screening invite to a movie called "Selfless" which has this as the plot synopsis. 

Seems like the random plot generator and random cast generator both worked in tandem to come up with this.

Dear Invite, the selling point for Tarsem would be The Fall. And Cell. BUT THE FALL! You had one job… 

I'm watching Twelve Years a Slave the moment I get my son to bed. Unless you all think it may be suitable for two-year-olds? Hm… 

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 2

Just got a pre-screening invite to a movie called "Selfless" which has this as the plot synopsis. 

Seems like the random plot generator and random cast generator both worked in tandem to come up with this.

... that movie sounds awesome. If I got that invite, I'd say yes immediately (especially considering it's a movie that literally came out of nowhere)

Saw Rio 2 and it's really not bad. It's nothing new of course but it's solid movie for kids. The animation is bright and colorful while the music is good as well. It won't have a direct competition until..... How To Train You Dragon 2 right? Could have good legs

Don't forget the big May animation blockbuster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7xNSNsWGA

Dear Invite, the selling point for Tarsem would be The Fall. And Cell. BUT THE FALL! You had one job… 

I'm watching Twelve Years a Slave the moment I get my son to bed. Unless you all think it may be suitable for two-year-olds? Hm… 

A friend of mine (the same one I was arguing with dutch angles about) had a movie night with his mother yesterday of August: Osage County and 12 Years a Slave. I told him I was sorry for him having to sit through two near unwatchable films (although 12 Years is a good "near unwatchable")

• Like 1

A friend of mine (the same one I was arguing with dutch angles about) had a movie night with his mother yesterday of August: Osage County and 12 Years a Slave. I told him I was sorry for him having to sit through two near unwatchable films (although 12 Years is a good "near unwatchable")

LOL yep. I've already prepared myself, girded my loins, etc. for the emotional breakdown following. I may be doing a lot of watching behind pillows and blankets.

August: Osage County was that bad, huh? Drats; was hoping it'd be good since it was shot in my home state :( Oh well… we will always have Twister!

• Like 1

Lea Michele being the selling point tells me that this was probably a movie from 2-3 years ago that is just seeing release now. Dom't think that Lea Michele has been in the public consciousness in the past couple of years - Glee has tanked badly in the ratings and is lower rated than a lot of CW shows. Also, how much cocaine was used by the animators on this movie? The trailer seems like a bad acid trip.

Edited by grim22

New York, NY

Captain America 2: 14

Rio 2: 9

Noah: 5

Grand Budapest Hotel: 2

Oculus: 2

Rio 2 3D: 2

Captain America 2 3D: 1

Divergent: 1

The LA area sellouts (as shown on Fandango - too lazy to click through all AMC theaters since they don't show sellouts on Fandango) are pretty simple:

Rio 2 (2D+3D): 33

Everything else: 0

Edited by grim22

The LA area sellouts (as shown on Fandango - too lazy to click through all AMC theaters since they don't show sellouts on Fandango) are pretty simple:

Rio 2 (2D+3D): 33

Everything else: 0

welp I wish I saw this post before going through 22 pages