a2k

Tuesday Numbers 4/15/2014

That's what I'm thinking, which still makes getting to $200m by Sunday estimates a long shot.

Just not as long if these daily numbers weren't coming in so strong. 

We are still talking about pulling in a third weekend of $27m+ then or only a 36-37% drop from last week which would be phenomenal!

• Like 2

Here is what i hope to see the next days for CapTue 4,7 (167 mill total)Wed 3,3 (170,3)Thur 4,4 (174,7)Fri 8,7 (183,4)Sat 8,8 (192,2)Sun 4,8 (197)Mon 2,7 (199,7)So cap shoul cross 200 mill at tuesday. Maybe mondayAround 30 mill ahead of Thor 2 in the same circle (though Thor had Thanksgiving comming up)

• Like 6

Here is what i hope to see the next days for CapTue 4,7 (167 mill total)Wed 3,3 (170,3)Thur 4,4 (174,7)Fri 8,7 (183,4)Sat 8,8 (192,2)Sun 4,8 (197)Mon 2,7 (199,7)So cap shoul cross 200 mill at tuesday. Maybe mondayAround 30 mill ahead of Thor 2 in the same circle (though Thor had Thanksgiving comming up)

I think on Monday when talk of crossing $200m on Sunday came up I mentioned in generalities how it would likely be middle of next week. Tuesday is about spot on for that. 

• Like 2

Big increases across the board on Tuesday, Oculus seems to be the only straggler. Wonder what led to the huge increases - maybe schools finally started their Easter break. A lot of people at my current client have taken PTO the rest of the week to babysit, so that may be the case.

• Like 1

Big increases across the board on Tuesday, Oculus seems to be the only straggler. Wonder what led to the huge increases - maybe schools finally started their Easter break. A lot of people at my current client have taken PTO the rest of the week to babysit, so that may be the case.

The public school districts split up their spring breaks from Mid-March through early April.  Very few school districts or colleges are having their spring breaks this week.  It is too close to the end of the quarter or semester now.  It is probably some other factor, or just coincidence.  I have no idea about private schools, though.

Edited by Ando918
  • Like 1

Everyone needs to remember that Easter weekend isn't normal - films will decrease across the board on Saturday and drop heavily on Sunday - Thursday an Friday should see good increases though.

Look above ;). Cap should stay flat on sat says history
  • Like 1

The Thursday number seems high. Cap doesn't have IMAX after Thursday 7pm as Transcendence will be starting its midnight i.e. 8pm IMAX showings. It should stay flat from Wednesday.

• Like 1

I don't see how IMAX loss will knock it down $1m from  Thursday night.  IMAX was $3.5m of Caps take last weekend - might have been what $2m this w/e?  The loss is probably a couple of hundred thousand over the weekend as people just pay for 3D or 2D screening instead.

• Like 1

I don't see how IMAX loss will knock it down $1m from  Thursday night.  IMAX was $3.5m of Caps take last weekend - might have been what $2m this w/e?  The loss is probably a couple of hundred thousand over the weekend as people just pay for 3D or 2D screening instead.

Along with IMAX, it is also losing the premium formats in most places. Those account for almost the same amount last weekend. IMAX helps stabilize the drops and increases a lot more than normal screens, which is why movies which play in that format seem to have lower drops and lesser increases - since those formats are basically flat throughout the week.

• Like 2

The Thursday number seems high. Cap doesn't have IMAX after Thursday 7pm as Transcendence will be starting its midnight i.e. 8pm IMAX showings. It should stay flat from Wednesday.

History says that films increase 30-40% on this day but maybe IMAX will hurt it a bit. Lets see what happens with wed numbers first
  • Like 2

Look above ;). Cap should stay flat on sat says history

Yes - yours is one of the more stable weekend predictions as far a pattern is concerned lol. It might stay flat it might increase but when Sat estimates start Rolling in and everyone is up in arms about it I guess we can just say we told ya so.
  • Like 1