Alpha

Y8 Critical Consensus (Seven Lists In!)

Do Oscar picks ChD. It's fun and you can't possibly make a bigger mistake than Alpha tracking people's Oscar picks in Year 6 which allowed me to literally do a last-second change of my picks in a few categories to prevent certain nominations from occurring.

Do Oscar picks ChD. It's fun and you can't possibly make a bigger mistake than Alpha tracking people's Oscar picks in Year 6 which allowed me to literally do a last-second change of my picks in a few categories to prevent certain nominations from occurring.

I hate you.

'We should make movies shorter' you say. How is 7k short. Damn you. Damn Starcraft.

• Like 1

I hate you.

'We should make movies shorter' you say. How is 7k short. Damn you. Damn Starcraft.

Hey, don't take my words out of context. I said some of us, myself included, could work harder to shorten our films a bit. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Dragon Age: Awakening is when you wait until the last second to write a film and thus have almost no time to shorten it up. You will be really annoyed by it so I apologize in advance.

• Like 1

Hey, don't take my words out of context. I said some of us, myself included, could work harder to shorten our films a bit. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Dragon Age: Awakening is when you wait until the last second to write a film and thus have almost no time to shorten it up. You will be really annoyed by it so I apologize in advance.

Wow, you took it seriously. It was more of a joke 'I hate you.'

I like Starcraft, so I can't complain. Actually, I can, but I don't mean it.

Edited by ChD

What a weird and uneven year for movies. The Bronx is Burning didn't even crack anyone's #1 spot and yet it has the most points.

I think the Top 5 are getting very high rankings, but not close to #1. Yet everybody else has mixed opinions on each #1 movie.

Usually great consistency is better than a few highest rankings and nothing else.

What a weird and uneven year for movies. The Bronx is Burning didn't even crack anyone's #1 spot and yet it has the most points.

It's always an uneven year for movies. Just imagine last year when every important award (Actor/Supporting Actor/Supporting Actress/ Director/Screenplay) was won by riczhang movies and then Number's movie sweeps in and takes Best Picture (with a couple of technical wins, If I'm not mistaken)

And, no, I know what you think. That time, it wasn't my fault.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

Yeah, until you plan on staying on Part 2 for a few good days, I won't be making my list. It's more than I thought, and I'm 2/3 through and I've only found about 10 ish movies I actually like.

Edited by ChD

Yeah, until you plan on staying on Part 2 for a few good days, I won't be making my list. It's more than I thought, and I'm 2/3 through and I've only found about 10 ish movies I actually like.

Most of the best movies are in that last third though. Seriously, I think at least 6 of the Top 10 (depending on whether you've reached Resonance or not). 

Just make sure you take a breather before you start Dragon Age: Awakening or The Concert's End. 

• Like 1

Most of the best movies are in that last third though. Seriously, I think at least 6 of the Top 10 (depending on whether you've reached Resonance or not). Just make sure you take a breather before you start Dragon Age: Awakening or The Concert's End.

I didn't like Resonance =/. Never been into these random kind of mind fuck movies. I hated Pi. That says enough.

I didn't like Resonance =/. Never been into these random kind of mind fuck movies. I hated Pi. That says enough.

Huh. Not sure how you'll feel about Mushishi then. It's not a mindfuck, but it's supposed to be a Life of Pi-ish visual experience.

EDIT: Apparently, there's a Darren Aronofsky film named Pi that you were probably actually talking about. Boy do I feel silly.

Edited by Za Rukaio!
  • Like 3

The tables have definitely turned for Best Animated Film. Hand Drawn Heroes might actually win.

I'm actually very surprised at the love for animated movies this year, considering last year's winner (Amulet) got only 48 points.

It's always an uneven year for movies. Just imagine last year when every important award (Actor/Supporting Actor/Supporting Actress/ Director/Screenplay) was won by riczhang movies and then Number's movie sweeps in and takes Best Picture (with a couple of technical wins, If I'm not mistaken)

And, no, I know what you think. That time, it wasn't my fault.

Yeah that was strange. (And Garret was SNUBBED for Actor  :P

I may or may not be like totally in love with him

:ph34r:

)

Edited by riczhang

The tables have definitely turned for Best Animated Film. Hand Drawn Heroes might actually win.

I'm actually very surprised at the love for animated movies this year, considering last year's winner (Amulet) got only 48 points.

It's still close. Let's not forget that HDH is only so far ahead because Hiccup put it 2nd on his list and didn't put Redwall anywhere on it. Which I'm not sore about at all. *stabs voodoo doll of Hiccup*

Seriously though, at the moment, Redwall appears higher on 4/7 lists so it's still slightly in the lead, but it's gonna be a close one.

• Like 1

It's still close. Let's not forget that HDH is only so far ahead because Hiccup put it 2nd on his list and didn't put Redwall anywhere on it. Which I'm not sore about at all. *stabs voodoo doll of Hiccup*

Seriously though, at the moment, Redwall appears higher on 4/7 lists so it's still slightly in the lead, but it's gonna be a close one.

It's definitely a lot like last year, when Amulet and Spark 2 were in a race for the Oscar.

But my money's on Catch That Pigeon. Definitely the dark horse contender.

:P

• Like 1

It's definitely a lot like last year, when Amulet and Spark 2 were in a race for the Oscar.

But my money's on Catch That Pigeon. Definitely the dark horse contender.

:P

The wide range of Films's animated pictures to choose from and that's the film you joke about possibly winning?

My self-esteem is taking a beating today....

Relax, I'm joking.

Edited by Za Rukaio!

The wide range of Films's animated pictures to choose from and that's the film you joke about possibly winning?

My self-esteem is taking a beating today....

Relax, I'm joking.

Yes, I forgot about Candy Crush...

Possibly the best contender for Best Picture. So beautiful...

:unsure:

:(

*sniff*

Sorry...

Posted Image

• Like 1