CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

lol, it is a consensus that SM3 had too much competition, way more than any blockbuster ever faced at the time.

SM competition OW adjusted

week2: 6.1 (Deuces Wild + Hollywood Ending)week3: 31.5 (Unfaithful + The New Guy)week4: 121.36 (AOTC + About a Boy)week5: 72.2 (Insomnia + Spirit + Enough)

SM2 competition OW adjusted (this one opened in summer, a lot big movies can co-exist)

week2: 45.89 (Anchorman + King Arthur)week3: 84.30 (I Robot, A Cinderella Story)week4: 88.63 (Bourn2 + Catwoman)week5: 97.71 (Village + Manchurian Candidate + Harold 1)

SM3 competition OW adjusted

week2: 23.12 (28 Weeks + Gerogia Rule + Delta Force)week3: 140.72 (Shrek 3)week4: 132.74 (POTC3 148m 4-day)week5: 48.64 (Knocked Up + Mr. Brooks + Gracie)

To FTF. if your SM2 reboot faced this competition my friend, you wouldnt even be able to muster up 140M domestic. SM3 is 10 levels above that garbage reboot and now see its destruction by Godzilla!! Then Xmen

performs the coude gra!! ;)

This time SM fans are not with the wall  crawler, they'll give their business to  the return of a GOD!!!!

Even though Movietickets.com is just a small sampling, I would not be surprised if the Captain has a big Saturday that allows it to have a 9 million dollar weekend.  The Saturday numbers could be something like TOW - 5 million, Captain - 4 million, and then Captain gets 3 million on Sunday.

I'm not saying that SM3 drops were good, but they weren't toxic as some like to claim, look POTC2, it broke the OW record, it had good WOM (I woud say excellent) and it dropped 54%. "Dropping like a rock" would be drops of +65% in two weeks in a row.

fair point.

talking about dmc though, it had summer weekdays - monday drop was 48%. sm3 monday was -74%

ow + mon-thu + 2nd weekend

sm3 151 + 31 + 58

dmc 135 + 61 + 62

Edited by a2k

Talking about competition TASM faced TDKR. It also came post TA..so was front and back.

Lol still not on the same level and SM3 stilll nearly reached 400m.

PS AMEN Mulder... Folks trying to spin TASM2 when itsgoing to be a big damn flop and lose to a 2nd tier character, possiblym

make under 200Mil, must not be seeing this is where the roads ends.

They may even fire the director and Andrew..LOL

I'm on your side, but we can't compare SM3 and TASM HV sales, that's just wrong.A

Okay I know your right, as HV sales were helped by the great SM2 of 2004.. So okay, but  you know FTF and TM haters have got to be kidding..

Geoffe keep your fingers crossed, I think we could get Sony to get back TM before hes too old and Raimi. Surely investors are saying pay those two whatever they  want.

They stick with Andrew Spiderman may fall to 160M domestic and 550-600M levels WW>

Time to get back the original crew or scrap the shit and look for a killer directors and a greater actor  for the lead..

• Like 1

Not true , SM3 faced tons of competition FTF or it would have made 380-400+M... I see you missed the above. SM3 also raped your SM1 reboot on HV BO and in every market without 3D..So hell no on SM3 was universally hated...Sorry nearly 400M with big films hitting your 2nd,3rd, 4th legs and over 13 million copies on HV domestically alone is not universally hated(disappointing for SM's usualy huge HV BO , but sorry SM2 reboot is the worst of them all)

No one spews nonsense and made up numbers better than you Kal. Plus TASM2 will make about $700m ww, which may be under expectations, but is far from a flop. Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

If you want to know how much Spider-Man 3 would have made without facing two $100+m openers, just look at Iron Man 2. It had a slightly smaller second weekend drop, then faced a $70m Shrek 4 and the weakest Memorial Day openers in a decade. It still only got a 2.44 multiplier.

The absolute best Spider-Man 3 would have done was $370m. Not good coming off a $150m weekend.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

Geoffe this is crazy Godzilla coming off a huge commercial and crtical letdown is going to ass rape Spiderman, Spiderman is looking to lose domestically to  Captaina America 2 and possible even WW..

And SM2 cant turn profit and is huge loss for Sony... Does Sony even get the DVD Revenue, if theres any to be had or does that go under merchandising as well to the Mouse??

Anyone know?

• Like 1

No one spews nonsense and made up numbers better than you Kal.Plus TASM2 will make about $700m ww, which may be under expectations, but is far from a flop.

Strange youve lost oodles of  your crazy statements and my predictions for your worthless SM are coming  true.

This film needed 900-950M to post profit.. Time for you to start playing with a full deck.. This is a fellow sm fans saying

Your run is over.. And they will likely get rid of this cast if it makes 700M..

sorry!