CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

“Godzilla” has the goods, showing plenty of firepower on its first day to wind up with an opening weekend in the $90 million range in the U.S.Early estimates for the iconic monster showed the Warner Bros.-Legendary Pictures’ title tracking to gross about $35 million on Friday. That figure included an impressive $9.3 million from latenight Thursday screenings.“Godzilla” will likely wind up dropping at least 10% on Saturday to the $31 million range, then pull in around $22 million Sunday.So the monster has a decent shot at cracking the $90 million barrier for its opening weekend — surmounted twice so far this year by Disney-Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” with $95 million and Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2″ with $91.6 million.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/godzilla-destroying-u-s-box-office-for-90-million-opening-1201184080/
  • Like 1

You can throw that 72M OW prediction in the trash can boo.

how dare you!  :lol:

nikki disagrees  :ph34r:

Early Friday Box Office: Huge #1 'Godzilla' (Legendary/WB - 3952 runs) looking $30M-$32M for $75M-$85M wkd. Curiosity!

but don't worry. i disagree with nf.
rth 35-38
variety 35
Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

When I saw Sleeping with the Enemy, the old Julia Roberts film, there was a group of black women, yelling at the screen things.  "Mmm girl he's no good, I'd have left his ass."  Or "shoot him in the head."

When I saw 12 Years a Slave, there was a black woman behind me who yelled at the screen "Typical white woman; only caring about herself" "Can't ever trust any white man"

Apparently not.

btw, to date LOCKE is still my favorite of the year. Nolanites, why aren't you supporting it?!

I would've seen it already if I had the option. Unfortunately, suburbia Indiana doesn't get many independent films

• Like 1