baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Second that ED buddy!! :)... Amen Bishop.. Mr. Bishop did you get to see it  yet >

Yes my friend I did, loved every minute of it. In fact, I'm going back tomorrow for seconds. Oh by the way, good call on this breaking out...you kept the faith bud.
  • Like 2

Yes my friend I did, loved every minute of it. In fact, I'm going back tomorrow for seconds. Oh by the way, good call on this breaking out...you kept the faith bud.

Told you they will be calling us idiots again when we see Juggernaut 2016 destroy everything by 1.5 -2billion and change. And I include Avengers 2 and SWs 7 will get an ass whooping that big lol

Going in the morning to avoid 17-18.00 tickets. So cant wait to tell you my thoughts my friend --We did it!! Now put that thought power in mighty legs!! We want a 2.9-3.7 or better :)

• Like 1

Well KK had a far bigger advertising campaign and budget A2k..So I think it evens out..

King Kong comes in somewhere around 265-270 adjusted. Even with a 90+ OW, Godzilla is going to have a tough time reaching that mark.

• Like 1

Told you they will be calling us idiots again when we see Juggernaut 2016 destroy everything by 1.5 -2billion and change. And I include Avengers 2 and SWs 7 will get an ass whooping that big lol

It would be a good idea for any competing film company to either cancel any film coming out in 2016 or move them to 2017...I wouldn't want to go up against Juggernaut.

King Kong comes in somewhere around 265-270 adjusted. Even with a 90+ OW, Godzilla is going to have a tough time reaching that mark.

and without 3D. but don't bother arguing. kal's atomic breath will burn us all.

Well Kong didnt have Xmen 2014 and Spidey to deal with..Still I think Godzilla can make to 300M .. We will see.

As for WW... KK is done like dinner.The gap could be epic!!

I don't think it's guaranteed that Godzilla hits 90m, either. Spidey barely got to that mark, and it had smaller previews.

You keep ignoring the fact that Kongs advertising budget was eqivalent to 250+M today... They expected a billion+ from Kong.

It failed miserably A2k.. So no your not going to sell that Godzilla has a big advantage. As folks choose to pay the premieum to see Godzilla. Just like they chose not to watch Kong OS to any high capacity.

Well Kong didnt have Xmen 2014 and Spidey to deal with..Still I think Godzilla can make to 300M .. We will see.

As for WW... KK is done like dinner.The gap could be epic!!

just those art house pushovers - narnia and potter

• Like 2

Regardless of whether this opens to 80 or 100 this is a HUGE success for Godzilla.  This could have been such a disaster in the wrong hands and put Legendary out of business.

Really hoping that 60% drop for ASM2 isn't right or else 200 is going to be an uphill battle.  Was hoping for a 48% drop :/.

• Like 4