baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Amazingly BAD accomplishment by the 2014 players if not a single breaks 100m OW when 2 years ago a film topped that mark in its SECOND WEEKEND.

starting with mockingjay part 1 in november there isn't going to be a quiet season in the box office world until like 2017

Haha, just read this over on BOM's Friday report:

Word-of-mouth on Godzilla is decidedly mixed: it earned a so-so "B+" CinemaScore on Friday, and anecdotal evidence suggests that the movie's detractors are quite vocal.

You're damn skippy. :lol:

Ray reads us.  I guarantee he does.

• Like 2

Amazingly BAD accomplishment by the 2014 players if not a single breaks 100m OW when 2 years ago a film topped that mark in its SECOND WEEKEND.

I refuse to believe it will happen. Something just HAS to break out for 3-day 100m

Doesn't matter. Had THE DARK KNIGHT RISES been in 3D and not had a shooting, it would have been very close to doing 100 million in ONE DAY.

Posted Image

Edited by a2k
  • Like 10

Doesn't matter. Had THE DARK KNIGHT RISES been in 3D and not had a shooting, it would have been very close to doing 100 million in ONE DAY.

Here we go...

:lol:Oh boy, here we go again.
  • Like 3

Here we go...

I mean, if you had an Avengers sized 20% 3D bump to it's pre existing 75m Friday, you're at 90 million. The shooting was an all time epic buzzkill. IDK if it would have crossed 100 million in a single day, but it would have been extremely close.

What, 3 years ago, HP8 did 92 million? That is a really bad statement f the 2014 crowd if nobody tops it in 3 days.

Edited by NextBigThing
  • Like 2

I mean, if you had an Avengers sized 20% 3D bump to it's pre existing 75m Friday, you're at 90 million. The shooting was an all time epic buzzkill. IDK if it would have crossed 100 million in a single day, but it would have been extremely close. What, 3 years ago, HP8 did 92 million? That is a really bad statement f the 2014 crowd if nobody tops it in 3 days.

Dude, I may agree with everything you said, but if this convo goes on...we're looking another 10-15 pages of TDKR.My body isn't ready for that tonight.
  • Like 1