baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $400,479,972  33.2%Foreign:  $805,800,000  66.8% = Worldwide:  $1,206,279,972  

Frozen within 8M of passing IM3 WW and well under 1M to IM3 OS. With the way it's holding in Japan 900M OS is quite possible.  :bravo:

• Like 1

Amazing will be BRIDESMAIDS number.

I disagree.  Before Neighbors had all that buzz, most here were thinking breakout but not 50 mill OW.  Rogen hasn't had that kind of success outside of Knocked Up.  So if it does 150-160 mill, that's also a very big surprise.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's a baseball movie...don't they all skew older? The star is most famous for starring on a show set five decades ago, then Lake Bell is the love interest. Not sure who was supposed to be running out to see it. They were probably just hoping for more "older" people than what actually showed up.

Beyoncé and Jay Z did a movie trailer/video hybrid thing for their song "On the Run" with a bunch of actors in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcJg5svv9A

Any early guesses how much DOFP will gross worldwide.Is the range in 600's?

$500-600 range judging from the other X-Men films. It could possibly get close to $700mil if i does great overseas. 'The Wolverine' was the only X-Men related film that made considerably more overseas than in the US where the splits for all the other films are pretty even.

• Like 1

I must say, although I'd be very impressed if it achieved the biggest opening of the year, I'm actually more satisfied that its OW ended up between Cap 2 and TASM 2. (Below TASM 2 would've been disappointing)

That's kind of ridiculous.  

To be disappointed that a film would gross a little less than 91 mill, when no one thought this would come close to 90 mill, is kind of silly.