baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

1. Sequels are rarely as good as the original especially when it's a FOURTH film in a franchise.

2. SNG is utterly average because of a terrible script. If the actors weren't as good as they are it'd be a terrible film

3. David Connolly who was basically the main problem of SNG.

This is long enough that it's almost a quasi-reboot. Same as your beloved GODZILLA. I disagree completely about SNG.

Oh yea, and to borrow a line from Run DMC, "not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good!"

All bad 80's horror is still pretty good.  :)

Wait Mulder did you not like Rise of the Planet of the Apes? (Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver wrote it also, and I believe they changed up the script for Jurassic World that was bad, so I have high hopes again, although not sure about the director.

Jaffa and Silver's whole script got dumped. No writing credit.

Mulder's own instincts.

No the leaked info that's come out about the film. Unless Chris Pratt living in a cabin on a island of Dinosaurs is something good now.

There's nothing wrong with franchises, but comparing the Hollywood of today to when JAWS was made is just not a good comparison.

I didn't make that comparison. I'm saying that all the symptoms you're complaining about applied to this Godzilla film when it was in production, too

A sequel with entirely new characters is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing as a reboot with entirely new characters

• Like 1

This is long enough that it's almost a quasi-reboot. Same as your beloved GODZILLA. I disagree completely about SNG.

So having a gaping plot hole as big as SNG's plot twist is fine? Or not finishing any character arcs? Or the fact that the basis of the film it self, the newspaper article becomes a plot hole in the film it self. 

I didn't make that comparison. I'm saying that all the symptoms you're complaining about applied to this Godzilla film when it was in production, too

A sequel with entirely new characters is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing as a reboot with entirely new characters

That's not JW's problem at all.

Jaffa and Silver's whole script got dumped. No writing credit.

No the leaked info that's come out about the film. Unless Chris Pratt living in a cabin on a island of Dinosaurs is something good now.

Sounds good to me.

Look, preparing expectations about a movie based on rumors about the script is about as silly as they come.

• Like 2

Sounds good to me.

Look, preparing expectations about a movie based on rumors about the script is about as silly as they come.

No this is based on set pictures which confirm a rumored script. 

Now that is a flat out lie. :lol:

Yea, do you have any idea how long it takes to get a film made from script to filming?  DiCaprio worked on Wolf of Wall Street for 6 years before Scorsese actually agreed to do it.  That's a passion project.  And that's just one of a plethora of examples.

Oooooo.....boobies in the movie.....FINALLY.  :)

• Like 2

I think it can. Odd as it may seem, the characters look to be well done.

It has potential at the very least.

Mulder and Fancy Im with you. .Any of you guys want to go hard and set up a club for it  :D?

Neo is definitely rooting for this one and so am I.. Its got one hell of a crazy SH theme going on and ties in with the Avengers and Marvel Universe!

• Like 1

So having a gaping plot hole as big as SNG's plot twist is fine? Or not finishing any character arcs? Or the fact that the basis of the film it self, the newspaper article becomes a plot hole in the film it self. 

How the

time travel

worked wasn't the point of the movie at all. That's not a plot hole

• Like 2

That's not JW's problem at all.

If you hate Trevorrow that much, then perhaps it's safe to say you won't like JW. However, whether that means it's an entertaining or good movie is entirely a different question... and one that you can't answer.

• Like 2

How the

time travel

worked wasn't the point of the movie at all. That's not a plot hole

Not the time travel. The twist concerning his 

"girlfriend" being alive is not explained at all. In fact it's forgotten about.