#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Well, that's....underwhelming. My 300m+ prediction is out. I can blame the Singer legal crap, I can blame three Marvel based SH films in the matter of 7 weeks. But, when it really comes down to it, I was just naive that this was a reunion film like F&F. This was a

Wolverine/FC crossover film with some of the old casts used to bridge them together.

I purposefully avoided most of the promotional stuff, because I didn't want to be spoiled. Still a great film, just not what I thought(or actually hoped) it was.

also: since the last stand every movie in the x-men franchise is crap (FC not)

Well, that's....underwhelming. My 300m+ prediction is out. I can blame the Singer legal crap, I can blame three Marvel based SH films in the matter of 7 weeks. But, when it really comes down to it, I was just naive that this was a reunion film like F&F. This was a

Wolverine/FC crossover film with some of the old casts used to bridge them together.

I purposefully avoided most of the promotional stuff, because I didn't want to be spoiled. Still a great film, just not what I thought(or actually hoped) it was.

Don't be so sure yet. Depending on how it holds up, it could still have a 4 day north of 120m, and from there 300 could happen with fantastic WOM. It will pretty much need the WOM of the summer to do it though, but I wouldn't rule that out .

• Like 2

I'm not sure why they keep trying to include that shit in a JP4. Nobody wants it. 

I think it depends on the execution.

I can see some potential for dino hybrids, but it could also blow up in their faces if they start mixing and matching dinos with other animals/humans.

Interesting looking at Godzilla possible 2nd weekend.  Look at what happen in the 2nd frame for other monster disaster films "Pacific Rim" and "Cloverfield" : 

Pacific Rim

$16,002,231 -57.1%  

Cloverfield

4 $12,712,134 -68.3%  

I think it depends on the execution.

I can see some potential for dino hybrids, but it could also blow up in their faces if they start mixing and matching dinos with other animals/humans.

They're doing just that. 

Interesting looking at Godzilla possible 2nd weekend.  Look at what happen in the 2nd frame for other monster disaster films "Pacific Rim" and "Cloverfield" : 

Pacific Rim

$16,002,231 -57.1% 

Cloverfield

4 $12,712,134 -68.3% 

I think it's safe to say Cloverfield was widely disliked though. So comparing it to that movie's 2nd weekend's hold shouldn't be taken as a good sign. Creature features do seem to be nearly as frontloaded as CBM's though.

Pacific Rim

$16,002,231 -57.1% 

Cloverfield

4 $12,712,134 -68.3% 

Yeah but neither had 90+ openings.

:unsure:

I sure hope they know what they're doing then. They have to know that's walking a fine line for what the public will go for.

I don't think they do. Anytime the script's mentioned there's an emphasis on how funny it is. 

I don't think they do. Anytime the script's mentioned there's an emphasis on how funny it is. 

And this isn't by just any joe schmoe. Both the director ((Trevorrow)) and the lead ((Chris Pratt)) have said that the script is funny. 

• Like 1

more spoilers from the JP forum (they were right a year ago bout j lead)

the new dino also has the ability to camouflage , open it´a mouth like a snake, plane, also poison claws . basically it's a weapon ordered by the army

So in other words Jurassic World is actually Transformers 5?

:lol:

• Like 1

I'm reminding everyone that this forum has a very strict no-spoiler policy and despite whatever may have been noticed (or un-noticed) before, we should strive to abide by it.

This has been one of my favorite things about this forum.  I am a member of several golf forums and I've pretty much quit visiting them because I tape everything and their thread titles are filled with spoilers. 

That's fine Tele, no need to explain yourself anymore. I just feel the lines between spoiler and non-spoiler have now been made very fuzzy, and will act accordingly by tagging everything I comment on about a new film.

It's pretty cut and dried. From the 'spoiler policy' link at the top of every page:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

A spoiler is defined as ANYTHING not officially released by a studio or film's director prior to the release of a film. But use your best judgment here...Additionally, a "spoiler" is considered as such until two weeks after the North American release of a film. From then on, publicly posted spoilers of new movies--within reason--will not subject you to disciplinary action.

I had never seen a Godzilla movie.  I knew nothing about the current one other then what was in the trailers.  I was so excited for it I wondered into the Godzilla thread Friday of release weekend to see what the general reaction was and unpleasantly saw several minor spoilers.

I was disappointed and vowed to avoid the specific movie threads for the movies I'm going to see until I see it.  I'd hate to have to start avoiding the  numbers threads also.  I'm sure that's why Shawn has 'no spoilers' posted every freaken place in this forum.

The fact that

Gozilla's screen time and when he appears and who dies when has been hotly debated in the review forum... that should be clue enough that it's a spoiler. 

This forum software makes it easy to wrap spoiler tags and it is not that hard to err on the side of caution.

• Like 5

Don't be so sure yet. Depending on how it holds up, it could still have a 4 day north of 120m, and from there 300 could happen with fantastic WOM. It will pretty much need the WOM of the summer to do it though, but I wouldn't rule that out .

After how you act toward the TASM series, I like this side of you. But it's kind of unnerving.

Posted Image

• Like 2

After how you act toward the TASM series, I like this side of you. But it's kind of unnerving.

Posted Image

That's because TASM never stood a chance at having the WOM of the summer, even if I had liked it I would have known that.  DOFP on the other hand does stand a chance. I think people could really love it. And not just cause I love it. :P But there's a lot in it for the GA.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3