#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Haha I'll always rep anything Transformers. Brings back memories on the Mojo forums. And yes, the Dinobots look legit. Mandatory IMAX 3D viewing for me! :D

You and me both man, TF is legit. IMAX is the only way (though mine is a Liemax until a couple months into it's run when we get it at the museum).

Sometimes those types of threads provide amusement. Moreso if you're involved in the chaos rather than be an observer.

True. Some users is usually having a hilarious meltdown.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Haha I'll always rep anything Transformers. Brings back memories on the Mojo forums. And yes, the Dinobots look legit. Mandatory IMAX 3D viewing for me! :D

We've had a bunch of good-sized hits this summer, and I'm sure Maleficent and Apes and GOTG will fall in a good range too.

But something has to be mega-blockbuster sized. It just has to be. Either HTTYD2 or TF4 has to break through that $300M barrier.

Yeah not gonna lie if DoFP misses the 90 million opening with the three day then well....yeah. If it's only in the 90 millions because of the 4-day then.....ouch.

Let's not over-react. Even with a high 80s 3-day 100m 4-day is pretty much locked.

Aww bummer about LieMax. No legit IMAX screens nearby?

The only IMAX we have plays national geographic films that are less then an hour long. Blockbusters eventually come there, but far later in the run. Ah well it's an excuse to see it at least twice :P We just had a Liemax open up not even 6 months ago, so I'm happy I can at least watch it on that. I'm in Victoria, which only has about 350,000 people here, so there's not much opportunity to build more theaters. We actually just lost 2 of our theaters, so if anything it's shrinking.

I might be alone, but I honestly really enjoyed X3. It wasn't quite as good as the other 2 movies. but it was a highly entertaining film.

Very cool mutant action.The story sucked ass though.The end of X2 was some Wrath of Khan level build up to an awesome sequel...what a fucking let down.
  • Like 1

The curse of the $90M+ is real in 2014...

There's only one solution:

Fans looking to celebrate the baseball classic Major League 25 years after its release are in for a treat. The Single-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, the Lake County Captains, will be handing out bobbleheads of Jobu, Pedro Cerrano's voodoo doll good-luck charm.

Only the first 1,500 fans in attendance on Aug. 1 will receive the bobblehead, which will likely rake in a decent profit at online auctions if those lucky enough to land one choose to sell.

Posted Image

The @LCCaptains #Jobu Bobblehead is ready for #MajorLeague Night at the ballpark Aug 1 @corbinbernsen @charliesheen

Crazy to think X2 adjusted opened to 113m 3-Day. 

I hadn't watched x2 for a long time before amc threw it on last night.  I definitely agree with a lot of people, best x men movie.  Not a huge fan of what the series has done overall. I mean it's just meh. I guess that's maybe because as a kid I loved the comics and tv show so much that the xmen i had in my mind wasn't how it played out at all.  Singer, yeah idk.  Not sure he was ever the right man for the job. But whatever. The new xmen was def a step in the right direction but I just wish a legit, great director would take over for singer- i just don't dig him besides usual suspects. 

X2 is crazier.Cause...X3 is just reaction to the shithot awesome called X2.

X2 was a response to X1 being as good as it was at the time.

At one point X-Men was actually popular. Shame they screwed it up for so long.

Edited by Fancyarcher

At least DOFP is holding its own compared to its previous entries. The demise of the Spidey franchise saddens me as a lifelong fan. TASM 2 will sell probably like a third of the amount of tickets the first one did back in '02. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

X2 was a response to X1 being as good as it was at the time. At one point X-Men was actually popular. Shame they screwed it up for so long.

I love Hugh jackman, and he's an amazing Wolverine...but 2009 Wolverine really did damage to the franchise. Way more than Ratner.
  • Like 1