riczhang

CAYOM Year 8 Oscar Ceremony (Starting in 20-30 minutes)

Oscar Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will pick up the most Statues?

• Mushishi
    • Resonance
    • The Concert's End
    • The Giver
    • The Bronx is Burning
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will win BP?

• The Bronx is Burning
    • Cinema Studies
    • Flowers for Algernon
    • The Giver
    • Resonance

Announcer: Please welcome our next presenter, two time academy award winner, Tom Hanks! 

Tom: Thank-you. Thank-you. Directors often get most of the credit for the behind the scenes of a movie, but directors of photography also deserve their praise. Offering carefully crafted and meticulously shot footage, they allow the directors, the editors and the audience to truly craft and then appreciate a brilliant picture. Here are the nominees for Best Achievement in Cinematography: 

The Bronx is BurningThe Concert’s EndThe GiverMushishiResonance

And the winner is: Mushishi.Winner: Thank-you, Thank-you. I'd like to thank Tom for his wonderful shout out to my craft. I'd also like to thank Guillermo for being such a wonderful director to work with, allowing me equal input in the shooting. I'd also like to thank the cast and crew and my assisant DP and my family. Thank-you.

• Like 4

Tom: Now continuing on. In addition to cinematography, in the age of CGI visual effects are also becoming much more integrated into every aspect of movie making. Even in dramas, we will encounter intricate and almost imperceptible visual effects; that is the pinnacle of which we have now reached. The nominees for Best Achievement in Visual Effects are: 

Dragon Age: Awakening

The Dresden Files: Storm FrontThe Little MermaidMushishiStarCraft: Brood War

The Winner is: Mushishi.Winner: Wow! This is quite an honour and our film is doing amazing as well. Thank you Guillermo for giving us such a great opportunity.

• Like 5

Whoo! Third Oscar of the night!

I'll admit, I really wasn't sure about this one though. I thought Starcraft and the Little Mermaid had a very good chance of winning. Glad to see Mushishi prevail though.

Meryl comes on stage and does a monologue that gets lot of laughs. She then announces Jennifer Lopez as the next presenter. 

Jennifer: Well, I hope I won't have a wardrobe malfunction this time around. [laughs]. Costume design is a very important part of movies, after all our industry would be quite different if we were all naked. Costumes also contribute to the reality and the immersiveness of the film and in and out of itself is a great art form. Here are the nominees: 

The Bronx is BurningThe Concert’s EndDraculaThe GiverMushishi

And the winner is: The Concert's End.Winner: Thank-you very much. And thank-you Kenneth for giving us free reign on our costumes, allowing us to really replicate the early 20th century style and atmosphere. Thanks again.

• Like 5

Whoo! Third Oscar of the night!

I'll admit, I really wasn't sure about this one though. I thought Starcraft and the Little Mermaid had a very good chance of winning. Glad to see Mushishi prevail though.

You had nothing to worry about :ph34r: 

Oh and I'll post points after the entire ceremony. 

Ah, I suppose my winning streak had to break eventually. Very well deserved win for Concert's End there.

• Like 1

And costumes is the only award so far I gave to Mushishi over The Concerts End in my nominations

0/4 for my choices so far

My top choices were

Voice acting supporting: Alan Tudyk: Dresden Files

Cinematography: The Concert's End

Visual Effects: The Little Mermaid

Costumes: Mushishi

Jennifer: And now for a category that often complements costumes, Make-up and Hairstyling. Personally, this is my favourite category, if you can't tell by my thick make-up and fancy hairstyle. [laughs] Here are the nominees for Best Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling. 

The Concert’s EndDragon Age: AwakeningThe GiverMushishiStarCraft: Brood War

And the winner is: The Concert's End.Winner: Wow I'm shocked. I definitely thought that Dragon Age had a great chance here. But I'll take what I can get. Thanks Kenneth and the AMPAS.

• Like 5