riczhang

CAYOM Year 8 Oscar Ceremony (Starting in 20-30 minutes)

Oscar Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will pick up the most Statues?

• Mushishi
    • Resonance
    • The Concert's End
    • The Giver
    • The Bronx is Burning
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will win BP?

• The Bronx is Burning
    • Cinema Studies
    • Flowers for Algernon
    • The Giver
    • Resonance

Meryl: And now welcome, one of my favourite actors, Ralph Fiennes. 

Ralph: [embraces Meryl before walking up to the Podium] Thank you Meryl. This year has been a great one for supporting roles. We have a wide variety of depth, breadth and experiences. Here are the nominees. 

Berenice Bejo – The Concert’s EndRose Byrne – MushishiHelena Bonham Carter – Flowers for AlgernonJulia Louis-Dreyfuss – Cinema StudiesSalma Hayek – Resonance

And the winner is: Helena Bonham Carter for Flowers for AlgernonHBC: Well it certainly feels good to win. [people laugh] But seriously, thanks to everyone and my wonderful partner and director Tim for allowing me to get to this pinnacle. Good luck my dear tonight.

• Like 3

Announcer: Please welcome Alfonso Cuaron, our next presenter. 

Alfonso: Editing is a great part of film. Without it, movies would be a plodding blob of mess that runs for hours and hours and hours. Instead our hardworking editors give us a crisp and clean cut movie that enraptures our attention. Here are the nominees:

The Bronx is Burning

The Concert's EndThe GiverResonance

Mushishi 

And the winner is: The Bronx is BurningThelma Schoonmaker: Thank you marty! We make a great team!

• Like 4

Announcer: Please welcome Jennifer Garner.

Jennifer: Thank-you. Production Design is a very important part of film, giving us soaring castle sets to the most intricate set pieces in a science fiction film. The nominees are: 

The Bronx is BurningThe Concert’s End

The GiverMushishi

Starcraft: Brood War

The Who's Tommy

And the winner is: Mushishi!Winner: Thank-you and it's been a great ride to this award. Thanks again.

• Like 3

And now for our next musical interlude

[Alpha]One ceremony more!Another category, another agony.This never-ending road to CAYOM History;These players know it'll be a crimeIf they don't vote for me this time.One ceremony more![Rukaio]I did not win until today.How can I live when Mushishi is gone?[Alpha]One ceremony more.[Rukaio & Guillermo Del Toro]Tomorrow you'll be cinemas awayAnd yet with you, my career has started![blankments]One more ceremony all alone.[Rukaio & Del Toro]Will we ever win again?[blankments]One more day with them not caring.[Rukaio & Del Toro]I was born to CAYOM with you.[blankments]What a Year 7 I might have known.[Rukaio & Del Toro]And I swear we will come through![blankments]But they never saw Kendrick there![Films]One more ceremony before the new year![Rukaio]Do I always write with Del Toro?[Films]At the starting gate of writing![Rukaio]Or shall I try again with Fincher?[Films]See the lost players begin to return[Rukaio]Do I Mush or do I Note?[Films]Will start your plotting with me?[ALL]The time is now, the day is here[Alpha]One ceremony more![Numbers]One ceremony more to domination,

I'll nip Alpha in the bud!I'll be ready for his trio,They will wet themselves with blood![Alpha]One ceremony more![spaghetti & Hiccup]Watch the players run amuck,Laugh at the critic's pollNever know your luckWhen Numbers gives your film a call!Here's a little 'like'There a little 'flop'Most of them are failuresSo the audience won't miss much![Chorus of Other Players (2 Groups)][1:] One ceremony before a new beginning[2:] Open up your word processors![1:] Every player will be a director[2:] Every player will be a studio[1:] There's a new year for the creative[2:] There's a new Oscar to be won[ALL]Do you hear the players typing?[Rukaio]My place is there, I try...with Fincher![Alpha]One ceremony more![Rukaio and Del Toro]We did not win until today.[blankments]One more awards show on my own![Rukaio & Del Toro]But how can we write now that we are parted?[Numbers (overlapping)]I will accept these players pre-readsI will study what they writeI will learn all of their plot secretsI will convince them that wrong is right![Alpha]One ceremony more![Rukaio & Del Toro]Tomorrow we'll be cinemas away[blankments]What a win Kendrick might have known![Rukaio & Del Toro]And yet with you my world has started[Numbers (overlapping)]

One ceremony more to domination,

I'll nip Alpha in the bud!I'll be ready for his trio

[spaghetti and Hiccup (overlapping)]Watch the players run amuck,Laugh at the critic's pollNever know your luckWhen Numbers gives your film a call![Alpha]Tomorrow we'll be a year away,But today is the judgement day[ALL]Tonight we're discoveringWhat Hostess Meryl has in store!One more awardOne more win

One ceremony more!

Best one yet because I'm in it B) 

In all honesty, it's like I'm Bruce Wayne and Kendrick losing was my Rachel dying. I've been a recluse for a year, but I will RISE

Meryl: And please welcome Jessica Biel. 

Jessica: Music is a inherent human trait. We yearn for it and its presence in film is always welcome. Here are the nominees for Best Original Score. 

Angelo Badalamenti – The GiverPatrick Doyle – The Concert’s EndDanny Elfman – Hand Drawn HeroesJoe Hisashi – MushishiClint Mansell – Resonance

And the winner is: Joe Hisashi for MushishiJoe: Thank-you to Guillermo for giving me this opportunity and thank-you for reminding the Academy that I'm the best and that I'm Joe-Fucking-Hisashi

• Like 2