riczhang

CAYOM Year 8 Oscar Ceremony (Starting in 20-30 minutes)

Oscar Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will pick up the most Statues?

• Mushishi
    • Resonance
    • The Concert's End
    • The Giver
    • The Bronx is Burning
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will win BP?

• The Bronx is Burning
    • Cinema Studies
    • Flowers for Algernon
    • The Giver
    • Resonance

Announcer: Now welcome Stanley Tucci! 

Stanley: Documentaries are a very different film medium, but one that is equally as effective, if not more so. The raw, visceral story telling method that is one that has the power to repulse, enthrall and inspire. The documentaries this year were no different. The nominees for Best Documentary Feature Film are: 

Flappy Bird

Guardian of the West

The Normans

Time, Space and One Blue Box

Twinkie

And the winner is: The Guardian of the West!

Winner: Thank-you. This was certainly an unexpected surprise. Thank you to the academy. Thanks to mom and dad and my brothers and sisters and my producer and my agent and my b- [mic cut]

• Like 2

This better balance out with another big award tonight. So dissapointed. :(

I'm fairly sure you using Jeff Bridges worked against you since he's going to be in the real The Giver in August.

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure you using Jeff Bridges worked against you since he's going to be in the real The Giver in August.

To be fair, I did write in back in spring of 2013, so I didn't know the real movie was going to exist yet.

Ah well, still got a lot of possible winners ahead of me.

Announcer: Now welcome Stanley Tucci! 

Stanley: Documentaries are a very different film medium, but one that is equally as effective, if not more so. The raw, visceral story telling method that is one that has the power to repulse, enthrall and inspire. The documentaries this year were no different. The nominees for Best Documentary Feature Film are: 

Flappy Bird

Guardian of the West

The Normans

Time, Space and One Blue Box

Twinkie

And the winner is: The Guardian of the West!

Winner: Thank-you. This was certainly an unexpected surprise. Thank you to the academy. Thanks to mom and dad and my brothers and sisters and my producer and my agent and my b- [mic cut]

Meryl Streep: And now welcome our next presenter Chris Evans :wub:

Chris: Thank-you Meryl. Sound is a very important part of cinema. We have come a long way since the days of the silent pictures, but even then, sound was a important part, with score being an integral part of a film's soul. Here are the nominees for Sound Mixing. 

The GiverMushishiResonanceStarCraft: Brood WarThe Who’s Tommy

And the winner is: MushishiMushishi: Wow! Us again! I think it'll be a good night for us. Thank-you. Thank-you.

• Like 2

Yes! Thought Resonance might've taken the Sound categories (and I suppose it could still take Editing). 

Chris: And with mixing, you can't not have Editing. Here are the nominees:

Hand Drawn Heroes

MushishiResonanceStarCraft: Brood WarThe Who’s Tommy

And the winner is: Resonance!Winner: Thank-you. I am truly humbled and shocked. I thought that Mushishi would win. Thanks to the Academy again.

• Like 2

Holy shit.

I totally miscounted the number of winning films :lol: I missed a film and I counted a category wrong, so 10 films got oscars :lol: Sorry guys.

And True Grit 2.0 didn't happen

Well a True Grit 2.0 needs to happen at some point doesn't it?

Maybe I'm kidding? Maybe I'm not.

Just realized this. :o

Announcer: And now for Y7 CAYOM Voice Acting in a Leading Role winner, Simon Pegg! 

Simon: Thank-you. It is a truly great honour to have won this award last year and I am overjoyed to be presenting this year. This year's selection are perhaps the best that we have had in a very long time. Here are the nominees for Best Voice Acting in a Leading Role.

Dante Basco – Avatar: The Last Airbender – The SearchJesse Eisenberg – The Legend of RedwallNeil Patrick Harris – Hand Drawn HeroesDemi Lovato – Hard to FindAndy Serkis – Catch That Pigeon

And the winner is[simon opens the envelope and gasps.]Wow. And the winner are. [stutters] And the winners are.Jesse Eisenberg for The Legend of RedwallandNeil Patrick Harris for Hand Drawn HeroesEisenberg: Thanks. And Neil is an awesome person to share this honour with.NPH: I concur.

• Like 5

And now for our next musical interlude

[Alpha]One ceremony more!Another category, another agony.This never-ending road to CAYOM History;These players know it'll be a crimeIf they don't vote for me this time.One ceremony more![Rukaio]I did not win until today.How can I live when Mushishi is gone?[Alpha]One ceremony more.[Rukaio & Guillermo Del Toro]Tomorrow you'll be cinemas awayAnd yet with you, my career has started![blankments]One more ceremony all alone.[Rukaio & Del Toro]Will we ever win again?[blankments]One more day with them not caring.[Rukaio & Del Toro]I was born to CAYOM with you.[blankments]What a Year 7 I might have known.[Rukaio & Del Toro]And I swear we will come through![blankments]But they never saw Kendrick there![Films]One more ceremony before the new year![Rukaio]Do I always write with Del Toro?[Films]At the starting gate of writing![Rukaio]Or shall I try again with Fincher?[Films]See the lost players begin to return[Rukaio]Do I Mush or do I Note?[Films]Will start your plotting with me?[ALL]The time is now, the day is here[Alpha]One ceremony more![Numbers]One ceremony more to domination,

I'll nip Alpha in the bud!I'll be ready for his trio,They will wet themselves with blood![Alpha]One ceremony more![spaghetti & Hiccup]Watch the players run amuck,Laugh at the critic's pollNever know your luckWhen Numbers gives your film a call!Here's a little 'like'There a little 'flop'Most of them are failuresSo the audience won't miss much![Chorus of Other Players (2 Groups)][1:] One ceremony before a new beginning[2:] Open up your word processors![1:] Every player will be a director[2:] Every player will be a studio[1:] There's a new year for the creative[2:] There's a new Oscar to be won[ALL]Do you hear the players typing?[Rukaio]My place is there, I try...with Fincher![Alpha]One ceremony more![Rukaio and Del Toro]We did not win until today.[blankments]One more awards show on my own![Rukaio & Del Toro]But how can we write now that we are parted?[Numbers (overlapping)]I will accept these players pre-readsI will study what they writeI will learn all of their plot secretsI will convince them that wrong is right![Alpha]One ceremony more![Rukaio & Del Toro]Tomorrow we'll be cinemas away[blankments]What a win Kendrick might have known![Rukaio & Del Toro]And yet with you my world has started[Numbers (overlapping)]

One ceremony more to domination,

I'll nip Alpha in the bud!I'll be ready for his trio

[spaghetti and Hiccup (overlapping)]Watch the players run amuck,Laugh at the critic's pollNever know your luckWhen Numbers gives your film a call![Alpha]Tomorrow we'll be a year away,But today is the judgement day[ALL]Tonight we're discoveringWhat Hostess Meryl has in store!One more awardOne more win

One ceremony more!

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 4

Honestly thought that might happen. And part of me's wondering now if Best Animated Feature is going to go the same way.