baumer

22 Jump Street (2014)

61 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The funniest straight comedy of the year, really disappointed I missed it in theaters. In my opinion it took the first and improved upon it, while there are some moments that drag in the laughter department it makes up for it by keeping you interested. It can also feel a bit repetitious at times, but there are still great laughs throughout.

Either a B+ or A-, I haven't cemented what I want to grade it yet

The funniest comedy sequel ever made, 22 Jump Street almost manages to eclipse the original film. Originality still triumphs in this case, but there's a solid argument made with this sequel. The utilization of meta-jokes fused with a deeper development for Schmidt and Jenko makes this comedy sing with both heart and humor. Tatum shows off his strong comedic talent, while Hill proves once again why he is one of the best comedians in Hollywood. Lord and Miller direct the setpieces impeccably well, mining all the potential comedy out of them. The end credits are possibly the funniest ever put on film. 22 Jump Street is both a great sequel and a hilarious comedy. All hail Lord/Miller. A