baumer

22 Jump Street (2014)

61 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A couple of weeks ago I must admit, I was a little skeptical about this film with the lack of reviews and imo poor trailer (they weren't funny) but I was wrong. This films is pure comedy genius and it really does poke fun at Hollywood and it's hilarious how they do it. Channum Tatum really needs to stick to comedy because he is great at it and it's not an easy feat scene stealing from Jonah hill but he manages to do it a lot. The film is basically just like the first one only it's bigger, louder and funnier and is easily the most satisfying films I've seen this year. Everything just works.A +

• Like 3

A couple of weeks ago I must admit, I was a little skeptical about this film with the lack of reviews and imo poor trailer (they weren't funny) but I was wrong. This films is pure comedy genius and it really does poke fun at Hollywood and it's hilarious how they do it. Channum Tatum really needs to stick to comedy because he is great at it and it's not an easy feat scene stealing from Jonah hill but he manages to do it a lot.The film is basically just like the first one only it's bigger, louder and funnier and is easily the most satisfying films I've seen this year. Everything just works.A +

When it comes to films that were successful critically and commercially alike, sequels often get held closer to the chest than their predecessors because of expectations. At least they didn't hold off on reviews week of release like Hangover 2 did.

Good Lord(and Miller)!

This was really, really good.  I need to let it digest and simmer a little bit before I make any proclamations, but I feel confident saying it's the best comedy sequel ever made.

There were 3 different times I was almost in tears from laughing so hard.

I gotta see it again!

The Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum bromance is back and stronger then ever. 22 Jump Street is really funny, filled with some great cameos, and a hilarious story line involving Ice Cube's character that left the entire theater laughing. Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller yet again make another great movie and have yet to make a disappointing film. Even though this is basically the same story as the first, this film works because its the same plot as the first and everyone is in on the joke. The only negative is that the film starts out a little slow, but it quickly picks up and doesn't disappoint. This is the rare Rated R sequel that is just as good as the first film.

Grade: A

by the way in the beginning with the "Previous on 21 Jump Street" that felt like a reference to Clone High. They even  had Will Forte say "Previous on 21 Jump Street"

• Like 1

Hilarious ... loved the continuous mentioning of their choices affecting the 'budget' ... for example the turning right into an art display instead of the parking lot ... and the winks to the audience such as the White House Down line ... and the idea of actors being replaced due to contractual issues in the 'credits' scene with Seth Rogen.  Also, appreciated that it was a film where you didn't just get 'the jokes in the trailer' and nothing else is funny.  Most of the funniest stuff is never referenced in the trailer. :)

Overall, just a fun movie that hit all the right marks with me.

A

Edited by Adam

well everyone seems to love this so I guess I will be the Debbie Downer guy. There were moments of very very funny humor especially the ice cube daughter stuff and mentioning about the sequel stuff was also pretty funny. The end credits were the best part of the film and that's what end up sticking in peoples minds. But I thought the movie was really uneven all over the place and at times it was a mess. I'm not saying I hate it I just didn't like it nearly as much as you guys did. And saying that it is the best comedie sequel ever made of course in my opinion is wrong. But I will not s*** on the movie or rain on anyone else's parade. You guys like it.... great. I will stay out of this but for now I would probably give it a six and a half out of 10.perhaps I will see it a second time just to see if I like it better.

• Like 2

well everyone seems to love this so I guess I will be the Debbie Downer guy. There were moments of very very funny humor especially the ice cube daughter stuff and mentioning about the sequel stuff was also pretty funny. The end credits were the best part of the film and that's what end up sticking in peoples minds. But I thought the movie was really uneven all over the place and at times it was a mess. I'm not saying I hate it I just didn't like it nearly as much as you guys did. And saying that it is the best comedie sequel ever made of course in my opinion is wrong. But I will not s*** on the movie or rain on anyone else's parade. You guys like it.... great. I will stay out of this but for now I would probably give it a six and a half out of 10.perhaps I will see it a second time just to see if I like it better.

You're not the only one to call it uneven and I just don't see it.  But oh well.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it was cut for timing, I quite enjoyed the cameos by Queen Latifah, Bill Hader and Anna Faris. 

The film lives up to expectations, the fact it doesn't take itself seriously is why it works so well. I loved the scene with Captain Dickson and Schmidt when he finds out he's been screwing his daughter, his one facial impression had me in stitches.

I'm guessing it was cut for timing, I quite enjoyed the cameos by Queen Latifah, Bill Hader and Anna Faris. 

The film lives up to expectations, the fact it doesn't take itself seriously is why it works so well. I loved the scene with Captain Dickson and Schmidt when he finds out he's been screwing his daughter, his one facial impression had me in stitches.

Cutting to Schmidt in the body armor was great and then the slow build and then Jenko finally "getting it.'  My God, hardest I have laughed in a long time.  He fucking killed it.

• Like 3