Kalel009Shel

Discuss the magic..the wonder. and where were you during Jurassic Park

I remember back in the day, I watch the behind the scenes, followed this movie as Steven Speilberg had me and my siblings and friends like little school kids at sws or superman 1 again..

Speilberg said  his film would push the envelope and give the world its first  film featuring real dinosaurs... Discuss the magic, the force....The legend that took us on a CGI and real action props and stunts even further than  envelope pushers of the past that made our jaws drop aka The Abyss ,Aliens, Terminator and Terminator 2.

A force so strong it yielded almost 2B in todays dollars without 3D.....Discuss the Magic of Jurassic Park and your experience of it all first time..

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 4

I was 18 months old when it was released, but I do remember watching a part of it with my cousins when I was 3 or 4 in vhs. The bit with the cow shit my up and I never watched it properly until I was 18! It immediately became one of my favourite films thankfully (as did Jaws).

• Like 2

I was 18 months old when it was released, but I do remember watching a part of it with my cousins when I was 3 or 4 in vhs. The bit with the cow shit my up and I never watched it properly until I was 18! It immediately became one of my favourite films thankfully (as did Jaws).

Nice Iwas this weyy star eye Speilberg fanatic and Dinosaur lover and man I was screaming in excitement and I actually got my theater showing behind me... Wow what an event it was... I felt that same kind of magic you felt and new this was going to go uber.  Think I had just come back from vacation with folks in Jamaica too.. What a treat. Now did you get scared a bit during the raptor or Trex scene..lol?

Damn that cow scene was intense my friend if you were not even a teen..Your making me feel old sir lol

Edited by Superman001

I was 18 or 19 when it came out. Saw it around 4 times that summer. I remember being wowed by the film. And gladly it still holds up

Amen  " YOU DID IT YOU SON OF A BITCH!!" ......WELCOME TO JURASSIC PARK... That music when they entered the Park was crazy, as brillant as any work that Willams has done.. The screaming was crazy.. I think some chick beside me grabbed my arm  during the Trex trying to get some kiddie grub scene and the " IAN FREEEEEZEEE!!" Moment..lol

• Like 1

May, 1993. The new trailer for Jurassic Park has just come out. Me and a friend are dying to see it, but of course we couldn't go download it. So we guessed that it might be playing in front of a new Universal movie so we decided to go see that, just to catch the trailer. The trailer wasn't before that movie. But the movie turned out to be DRAGON: THE BRUCE LEE STORY, so at least we had a ton of fun.

• Like 6

Nice Iwas this weyy star eye Speilberg fanatic and Dinosaur lover and man I was screaming in excitement and I actually got my theater showing behind me... Wow what an event it was... I felt that same kind of magic you felt and new this was going to go uber. Think I had just come back from vacation with folks in Jamaica too.. What a treat. Now did you get scared a bit during the raptor or Trex scene..lol?Damn that cow scene was intense my friend if you were not even a teen..Your making me feel old sir lol

At that age, I never made it to the T-Rex scene lol. I like making people feel old ;) but I hate it when people make me feel old (how is the lion king fucking 20?!)
  • Like 1

I was in my mother's womb... That sounds weird :blink:

Great movie though :) I think I first saw it when I was 7-8 and then couple more times in the next few years and I didn't see it again until a month ago for some reason. Loved every second of it.

I was not quite 12 at the time, and I was vaguely aware that the movie existed. Movies, especially in theaters, were not a part of my life at the time. I'm pretty sure that's the same year I read the book and mostly enjoyed it, though even back then I was pretty sure that wasn't what chaos theory was really about.

• Like 1

I was about to graduate high school a couple weeks when this first came out.  I always loved dinosaurs so I had to see the movie.  My dad was never big on going to the movies as he was big on renting and watching at home.  I got him to go to this one and it was the last movie we saw together in a theater, since to this day, I don't think he has been to a theater again.  

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

May, 1993. The new trailer for Jurassic Park has just come out. Me and a friend are dying to see it, but of course we couldn't go download it. So we guessed that it might be playing in front of a new Universal movie so we decided to go see that, just to catch the trailer.The trailer wasn't before that movie. But the movie turned out to be DRAGON: THE BRUCE LEE STORY, so at least we had a ton of fun.

Lol....Telemachos :D..." We need emotional contenttttt not anger!!" " Now Try again!!!!!!"

" Dont concentrate on the fingerrrrrr or you will miss all the heavenly glory!!"  :-D I just saw Jason Scott in the sequels for Dracula 2000. What happened to that guy?? :(. Loved his work.

I was about to graduate high school a couple weeks when this first came out.  I always loved dinosaurs so I had to see the movie.  My dad was never big on going to the movies as he was big on renting and watching at home.  I got him to go to this one and it was the last movie we saw together in a theater, since to this day, I don't think he has been to a theater again.  

Wow 75 buddy.. Glad you had another great memory with your dad my friend.. Did he love as much as most of us??  Still got Jurassic moments in my head.....  " Work her back!!!!!!!" Snort (Man  being teared to bits who got closed to cage---ARRRRGHHH!!)  " SHOOOOOT HARRRRRRRRRR!!!"  " SHOOOOT HARRRR!"(lol trying to type with the hunters accent)

Did anyone buy the score?  I need to get it, its one of the best of all time. I need to get it...

" Life will find away!" :P( Dont forget to include your Jurassic Park Quotes my friends)

Thanks all for sharing and please continue to do so.. Love hearing everyones insight..

" We clocked the T-Rex at over 30MPH"

"  Say it again??!" " We have a T-Rex!"

" Allen put your head between your knees!!" (Lol Sam Neil's character looks faintish)

" My Dear Dear Dr. Grant." "Welcome to Jurassic Park!"

Edited by Superman001