John Marston

Tuesday Numbers (RTH) 22J 7.2,HTTYD2 5.9,Malef 2.9

Amazing, isn't it? Who would have thought Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang would still be so popular.

That is pretty amazing. Now that I think about it I see a lot of that stuff on greeting cards. But at any rate it's something.

Here are some numbers for 2013. Unfortunately, this doesn't have the complete list. However, it does answer whether Spider-Man beat Iron Man in licensing dollars after The Avengers and during Iron Man 3.

"Through its purchases of Marvel and Lucasfilm, Disney now has six of the top 10 franchises in the world: Disney Princess (No. 1), “Star Wars” (No. 2), Winnie the Pooh (No. 3), “Cars” (No. 4), Mickey & Friends (No. 6) and “Toy Story” (No. 8), with Disney Fairies (No. 11), and Spider-Man (No. 16) in the top 20."

I remember I used to go on the Woo's Honey Pot ride all the time when I was child at Disney World.

I still have a Winnie the Pooh clock someone gave me for a gift. It's so adorable.

• Like 1

Here are some numbers for 2013. Unfortunately, this doesn't have the complete list. However, it does answer whether Spider-Man beat Iron Man in licensing dollars after The Avengers and during Iron Man 3.

"Through its purchases of Marvel and Lucasfilm, Disney now has six of the top 10 franchises in the world: Disney Princess (No. 1), “Star Wars” (No. 2), Winnie the Pooh (No. 3), “Cars” (No. 4), Mickey & Friends (No. 6) and “Toy Story” (No. 8), with Disney Fairies (No. 11), and Spider-Man (No. 16) in the top 20."

Looks like they aren't as popular with kids as people claimed.

Marvel still not there.

Looks like they aren't as popular with kids as people claimed.

Well Iron Man is the only one that seemed to be more popular than Spidey but I guess that's not true either. Cause the numbers don't lie. Spidey is king of comic book merchandise. Disney wins either way.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Marvel still not there.

Yes and No. Spider-Man is there. The MCU isn't there. For some reason they split Spider-Man apart from the rest of the Marvel characters. But, Disney owns the rights to all Spider-Man merchandise including the movie merchandise (in exchange for Sony getting to keep 100% of all movie profits). Thus, that whole Spider-Man number goes to Disney. Thus, Marvel's biggest character is there.

Edited by Walt Disney

Yes and No. Spider-Man is there. The MCU isn't there. For some reason they split Spider-Man apart from the rest of the Marvel characters. But, Disney owns the rights to all Spider-Man merchandise including the movie merchandise (in exchange for Sony getting to keep 100% of all movie profits). Thus, that whole Spider-Man number goes to Disney. Thus, Marvel's biggest character is there.

Well yeah. I meant the MCU.  Iron Man in particular.

• Like 1

When did Sony and Marvel restructure their licensing deal? Because it looks worse and worse for Sony that they don't get any of the merchandising.

It was sometime after Disney purchased Marvel. Disney purchased Marvel on Dec. 31, 2009. Therefore, it was most likely in 2010 when all of the Studios were talking to Disney about which characters they had the movie rights to.

Originally, when the Studios would make films based on Marvel characters, they never specified exactly what was included in those film rights deals. Once Disney bought Marvel, it became important to specify exactly which characters each studio had the film rights to. It's around that time that Disney made the deal with Sony whereby Disney gave up any profits from Spider-Man films made by Sony in exchange for all Spider-Man movie merchandising revenue.

Not too surprised about Snoopy and the gang. Every Christmas most of my friends watch the Christmas carol movie. It's become tradition and that tradition is probably all over the world.

• Like 3

I had a feeling that's what you meant. I used the force and sensed it.

That force sells a lot of merchandise. Hot Darmn Star Wars is a cash cow after decades. George Lucas was never going to be broke. Why did he sell?