#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

If the world was fair, Avatar: The Last Airbender would still be on Netflix and thus, it'd always be in the top shows streamed.

Actually, if you guys want an animated equivalent to Firefly (aka cancelled way too soon), everyone should check out Sym-Bionic Titan. Genndy Tartakovsky's best show ever, and that's saying a lot seeing what else he's done.

• Like 1

If the world was fair, Avatar: The Last Airbender would still be on Netflix and thus, it'd always be in the top shows streamed.

Actually, if you guys want an animated equivalent to Firefly (aka cancelled way too soon), everyone should check out Sym-Bionic Titan. Genndy Tartakovsky's best show ever, and that's saying a lot seeing what else he's done.

I hate watching shows that were canceled early in their runs, no matter how good they were. It just frustrates me that they were not given more time.

• Like 1

GA appreciates movies taking artistic risks, even if they stumble. Unlike a certain by-the-book monster movie this summer :whip:

Maleficent was probably the least artistically risky movie I've seen this summer besides maybe TASM2...

• Like 2

#1 going different way than the original, #2 how many commercial movies for kids are about someone who does something trully evil lol ^_^

#1 isn't a risk; it's the same thing Snow White, Oz, and Alice did

#2 is inaccurate; she never does anything evil in the movie at all <_<

• Like 2

Maleficent was probably the least artistically risky movie I've seen this summer besides maybe TASM2...

Yep, it's pretty much the opposite of risky. And it's funny you bring in TASM2, since it makes me think of how Sony will proceed with Sinister Six. I'm sure they're all misunderstood nerds being picked on by that douchebag Spider-Man. Though, to be fair, with TASM, they're already more than half-way into turning Spidey into a credible douchebag.

• Like 1

Yep, it's pretty much the opposite of risky. And it's funny you bring in TASM2, since it makes me think of how Sony will proceed with Sinister Six. I'm sure they're all misunderstood nerds being picked on by that douchebag Spider-Man. Though, to be fair, with TASM, they're already more than half-way into turning Spidey into a credible douchebag.

Yes. They have clearly grasped the essence of the Spider-Man character......and tried to take him in the opposite direction.

• Like 1

If people want more good movies they need to support things other than the 8th Spider-Man remake in 5 years of the 32nd X-Men sequel in 10 years. 

The three best movies of the summer are

The seventh superhero sequel in a thirteen-year-old franchise

A sequel to a comedy remake of an 80s crime drama television show

A sequel to an animated movie based off a twelve-book children fantasy series

I'd much rather see any of those twice again than Maleficent ever again

• Like 1