Blackout

Monday Actuals: 22JS 3.64, Dragon 3.12, TLAM2 2.48, Malef 1.75, JB 1.47, FIOS 1.43, EoT 1.2, DOFP 0.792

I'd switch those if I were you. ;)

I thought about it since today is Tuesday. Tuesday is big for most family movies. However, older people go to the movies on Tuesday too. We'll see.

• Like 1

Spotted today in downtown LA:

Posted Image

Well, there's another movie that I'm sure Blank hasn't seen that we need to force him to watch.

Blank, the name of the next movie to add to your list (you're writing these all down, aren't you?) is They Live.

(Speaking of "forcing him to watch", I'm reminded of a certain film starring Malcolm McDowell, but that should probably wait until after he's seen a lot more.)

• Like 1

if we're lucky 

Guess I'm lucky. The greys are coming hard and fast these days, but at least I still have my hair(although I'm getting it in places I'd rather not) and health. I hear the 40's are the best decade since you have both strength and wisdom. I'm still waiting on the latter.

:P

• Like 1

And I failed. Got to the movie theater at 7:55, and the 8pm showing of 22JS was already sold out. Which is doubly impressive when you consider that there was a 7:30 showtime also for 22JS. (I just assumed the 8pm one would be easy to get into, coming so close to the 7:30 one.)

Blank: GO WATCH A MOVIE!

quoting myself here...

I went back for the final showing of 22JS of the night (skipping over one or two), and the theater was still absolutely packed at 10:55. The line took forever (including still a hundred people in line after me), and when I got in the auditorium, it looked 99% sold out. I got there just before the first trailers, and I only noticed 5-10 people coming in after me, so I'm sure they stopped selling tickets to 22JS and called it sold out.

Anyways, I finally got to see it.

Fuck you, doves!

Out of 400 people, I was literally the one and only person who stayed for the after credits scene.

• Like 1

Alright Tuesday predictions.

22JS 4.1

Dragon 3.9

TLAM2  2.0

JB  2.1

Male 1.9

Let's see how you did!

tues looking like

22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

You were low on everything except JB. Looks like a fantastic Tuesday!

• Like 1

Movies like Think Like a Man do well in desolate stretches of the late fall and spring. Dumping grounds for direct-to-video level competition. Where it basically doesn't have to compete for the general audience outside the niche. They got a little excited with the original, tried the summer, and JUST didn't see the tsunami of more credible competition :). The GA that had no other choices last time have a flood of competitors.

• Like 1

Movies like Think Like a Man do well in desolate stretches of the late fall and spring. Dumping grounds for direct-to-video level competition. Where it basically doesn't have to compete for the general audience outside the niche. They got a little excited with the original, tried the summer, and JUST didn't see the tsunami of more credible competition :). The GA that had no other choices last time have a flood of competitors.

From what I've heard they also didn't make a decent flick - that will effect every time.
  • Like 2