CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Finally, the current standings of 2013 box office (well, as of last weekend).

[*]X-Men: Days of Future Past - 313,743,185

[*]Maleficent - 261,725,001

[*]The LEGO Movie - 256,853,726

[*]Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 256,821,977

[*]Godzilla - 246,922,044

[*]The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 241,517,182

[*]Neighbors - 195,711,869

[*]22 Jump Street - 179,771,827

[*]How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 153,618,068

[*]Divergent - 150,348,676

I wish it was 2013. :(

• Like 2

Earth to Echo should have been a February or March release.

Yeah, it probably would have done better if it opened then. I still don't think it would have done that good though.

• Like 2

Good legs meaning what? Friday's increase is gonna be weak (because it's the Fourth). It'll end up with a 2.5-2.6 multiplier at best.

July 3rd usually makes up for the fourth, am I right? Not to mention Summer dailies.2.5x is still better than all of the current 90M+ openers this Summer.
  • Like 3

Yeah, it probably would have done better if it opened then. I still don't think it would have done that good though.

Yeah, but if it's like any other found footage movie, then the budget's no doubt very small. So I don't think there's  much of a risk involved with it, even if it does poorly.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Blanks, you're literally spamming this thread with nonsense. :mellow:

*clears throat*

Back in 2010, before I even knew forums for box office existed, I liked to follow box office. So, out of boredom, I have created an imaginary box office where insane inflation hits in May, June, July, November, and December every year. Thus, every movie's opening week in our world is an opening weekend in the alternate universe I have going on.

Why I do this still, IDK, but I've kept it running for four years, I'm not gonna stop soon

EDIT: The document is at 27 pages now btw

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 7

I see the tv spots and they are trying to sell it like a techno ET. 

• Like 3

Yeah, but Tammy will still do good though. Earth to Echo I don't see doing very good at all. 

Yeah, Tammy with summer weekdays could still do very good.  I mean Melissa is on a roll right now but honestly out of the other comedies this one seems to not have as big of a buzz.  It might work well for counter programming as Comedies seem to be doing pretty well this summer (Neighbors, 22 Jump St).  AoE just works better as a "Holiday" film for the whole family. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Yeah, but if it's like any other found footage movie, then the budget's no doubt very small.

Yeah, and there being no big name actors in it will help with the budget too. 

It could very well still make its budget back even if it doesn't make a lot. 

• Like 2

*clears throat*

Back in 2010, before I even knew forums for box office existed, I liked to follow box office. So, out of boredom, I have created an imaginary box office where insane inflation hits in May, June, July, November, and December every year. Thus, every movie's opening week in our world is an opening weekend in the alternate universe I have going on.

Why I do this still, IDK, but I've kept it running for four years, I'm not gonna stop soon

EDIT: The document is at 27 pages now btw

ME GUSTA

• Like 2

It was first advertised very straightforwardly like a found footage film until it did a 180 and is now advertising itself as a ET knock-off.

It's even using a similar sounding score John Williams like score in some of the advertisements.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

*clears throat* Back in 2010, before I even knew forums for box office existed, I liked to follow box office. So, out of boredom, I have created an imaginary box office where insane inflation hits in May, June, July, November, and December every year. Thus, every movie's opening week in our world is an opening weekend in the alternate universe I have going on. Why I do this still, IDK, but I've kept it running for four years, I'm not gonna stop soon EDIT: The document is at 27 pages now btw

But, erm, couldn't you iust watch a movie instead? One of those awesome ones that everyone talks about but you haven't had a chance to see yet? ;)
  • Like 10

HOLY FUCKING FUCK That movie was both epically stupid AND epically awesome! How does Michael Bay do it?????

Simple.Slow Motion + Hot Chicks + Explosions + China locations = $$$Fuck a plot.
  • Like 3