CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

But forreal, does anyone think Apes now has a shot at $90M? 5 $90Mers in 4 months is ridiculous, I swear its the same group of people going to these movies openings. Like, there is no other way.

lol did we talk about Deadline's update that popped up just before Rth's?

The momentum just keeps building. Saturday has played out well so far for this weekend’s big opener, Paramount’s Transformers: Age of Extinction and it is holding on very strongly going into evening and late night showings. The thinking now is that the Michael Bay-directed franchise could gross anywhere between $103M to $105M for the three-day which would put it right between the grosses of the last two Transformer installments’ Friday to Sunday grosses. But that would not be an apples-to-apples comparison as they both opened on Wednesdays and had two more days of play. But what a great win for the filmmakers, the studio and its top notch marketing and distribution teams. More later as late night numbers roll in.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/transformers-late-night-estimate-8-75m-on-path-to-mid-90m-opening/

• Like 9

Good job by Paramount, sending them that slop as an "update".

Look at dat headline

"Box Office: ‘Transformers’ Expectations Rise Higher Based On Saturday Moviegoing"

• Like 3

But forreal, does anyone think Apes now has a shot at $90M?5 $90Mers in 4 months is ridiculous, I swear its the same group of people going to these movies openings. Like, there is no other way.

It is certainly possible but I think Apes 2 will be more like Maleficent. 65-75M OW with very strong legs that will lead it to a 220-230M total. 

• Like 1

But forreal, does anyone think Apes now has a shot at $90M?5 $90Mers in 4 months is ridiculous, I swear its the same group of people going to these movies openings. Like, there is no other way.

Had that same thought, but noone seems to be going back Andrew lol.. So the multipliers are not amazing us in 2014 :D

That OD in China for Optimus is astounding!!