#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

did you like the movie?

Monsters vs. Aliens? It's passably enjoyable but mostly forgettable. There's a lot of missed opportunity. A lot of the jokes are just sorta inserted into it with little rhyme or reason. I assume because they cut very well as pieces of the trailer. I might do a writeup on how I'd have changed it so it would actually be good and fulfill its potential.

E.T.? It's pretty great. Not my favorite Spielberg film, but all around solid. I do kinda miss that sort of heartwarming entertainment as a big summer blockbuster.

• Like 1

The thing about McCarthy's previous movies is that they were all high-concepts, right there in the titles. Bridesmaids, Identity Thief, The Heat. It was "come see Melissa McCarthy as a [bridesmaid/identity thief/cop]"

This one is just "come see Melissa McCarthy". It's being sold on her name and her name alone. It's a real test for her drawing power

It certainly doesn't look appealing enough for me to see it.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I just got the cutest movie recommendation from my co-workers 5 year old daughter.

She said to me she liked the movie with the girl with the horns. I said the name and she looked at me all confused like. Then I pulled it up on IMDB. She yelled out loud "That's it! The girl with the horns. You HAVE to see this movie." I said okay, lol.

She said the guy took her wings and made her sad. :(

LOL I thought that was the cutest thing. "The girl with the horns" :lol:

• Like 4

I just got the cutest movie recommendation from my co-workers 5 year old daughter.

She said to me she liked the movie with the girl with the horns. I said the name and she looked at me all confused like. Then I pulled it up on IMDB. She yelled out loud "That's it! The girl with the horns. You HAVE to see this movie." I said okay, lol.

She said the guy took her wings and made her sad. :(

LOL I thought that was the cutest thing. "The girl with the horns" :lol:

I'm sure kids love Maleficent and that's perfectly fine.

Poor critics and fanboys. The general public has spoken. They love Maleficent! 

Posted Image

Well fuck the general public :)

A good goal, take one childhood-destroying movie down with another

Oz was good...

• Like 1

I don't care how awful Tammy is, but it better do at least $100M or my summer game is doomed. Come on MM, *Rob Schneider* "You can do it!"

Apparently no one read the script for Tammy before deciding to make the movie

In 22 years as a film executive, Toby Emmerich has bought hundreds of scripts. "

" is the only one he has bought sight unseen.

Three years ago, Mr. Emmerich saw "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNppLrmdyug," the raunchy comedy that made Melissa McCarthy a breakout star, on its opening weekend. The following Monday, Mr. Emmerich, president of New Line Cinema, called Ms. McCarthy's agent with a question: Did she have a movie she wanted to make next?

As it happened, Ms. McCarthy and her husband, the actor Ben Falcone—who played the unflappable air marshal in "Bridesmaids"—had something in the works. They were writing a screenplay for Ms. McCarthy to star in, but their agent hadn't read it yet. He didn't even have a summary of the plot.

"I said, 'I'll buy it,'" Mr. Emmerich recalled. "I thought she was such an incredible breath of fresh air, so unique…I wanted them to be writing that movie for us."

• Like 2

Apparently no one read the script for Tammy before deciding to make the movie

And now they fucked up. 

I need this damn thing to make 100M for the sake of my Summer Game. 

I guess I'll throw on Avatar as my background noise for work today. It'll burn most of the next three hours and I can see how it's held up since I last saw it in the theater. Also first time seeing it 2D.

I guess I'll throw on Avatar as my background noise for work today. It'll burn most of the next three hours and I can see how it's held up since I last saw it in the theater. Also first time seeing it 2D.

NOT THE PROPER WAY TO WATCH MOVIES.

Disney BETTER campaign hardcore for Jolie's Best Actress nod. They literally owe her the entire thing lol

EW NO

The only worthy performance so far this year for Oscar attention is Ralph Fiennes in Budapest. Russell Crowe in Noah was good as well though

• Like 1

*sigh* Are people still using the general public to determine if a movie is good or not? Because if we're doing that then no one should be hating on anything from TF.

• Like 3