La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

With the right company, context and tone they can be funny to a degree. I've a fairly diverse group of friends and sexist, homophobic and racist jokes are fair game in moderation.

BKB was downright mean-spirited when it came to that stuff.

Meh, I disagree. I don't think there is ever a proper context for them, ESPECIALLY in a large group. On the surface, everyone might laugh and enjoy them, but there's no way to know exactly how one comment might cut one person or another deeper than you'd expect. But, you know...if you're sure everyone is truly in on the joke and there's no resentment, go for it, I guess.

• Like 1

The real sad thing is that we lost Shay. He was all of those things too but there was never anything nasty behind it, he could call you a fat American one day then love you the next.

I miss him.

I really don't get this love for trolls. It boggles my mind.

• Like 1

The real sad thing is that we lost Shay. He was all of those things too but there was never anything nasty behind it, he could call you a fat American one day then love you the next.I miss him.

Not a big Shay fan, but he is way more enjoyable than BKB. Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

Meh, I disagree. I don't think there is ever a proper context for them, ESPECIALLY in a large group. On the surface, everyone might laugh and enjoy them, but there's no way to know exactly how one comment might cut one person or another deeper than you'd expect. But, you know...if you're sure everyone is truly in on the joke and there's no resentment, go for it, I guess.

I know and I do. Quite a few even said they'd feel bad if we didn't feel we could mock each other like that. Just the way we all are I guess. If any of us got annoyed we'd just say it.

Speaking of BKB...I just noticed that his profile says he's born on July 7th! That's one day after me. And my best friend from home is born on the 5th, a day before me! It's like Yin and Yang, good on one side, evil on the other, with me at the center!

• Like 1

The real sad thing is that we lost Shay. He was all of those things too but there was never anything nasty behind it, he could call you a fat American one day then love you the next.

I miss him.

Shay was entertaining. He may have been a troll, but he was persistent.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

I know and I do. Quite a few even said they'd feel bad if we didn't feel we could mock each other like that. Just the way we all are I guess. If any of us got annoyed we'd just say it.

That's cool and all, but you're talking about a really limited context.

This forum, regardless of how people may perceive it, is not such a place. It's very open, most of us do not know each other very well, and any such "jokes" are liable to have specifically negative consequences for the readers.

• Like 4

That's cool and all, but you're talking about a really limited context.

This forum, regardless of how people may perceive it, is not such a place. It's very open, most of us do not know each other very well, and any such "jokes" are liable to have specifically negative consequences for the readers.

Oh I completely agree. I'd never get on with ya'll like I do with my friends. I wouldn't get on like that with anyone unless I knew them really well and I knew they would give as good back :)

• Like 3