Shawn Robbins

The Great Box Office Recession? -- Discussing the Up & Down Trends of the Box Office Market

Will the Disappointing BO Extend to Summer 2013?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Disappointing BO Extend to Summer 2013?

• YES!
    • YES/NO! As some Big Budget Movies Won't be Affected!
    • NO!

Before I had my own home and bills, I had plenty of money to spend on going to the movies. That was another reason why I don't go as much.

This is why I am seeing as many movies as possible and plus next year is my last year in college before I go out in the real world :mellow:

2012 is big, but IMO 2013 will be bigger.

I respectfully disagree

March - 2012

John Carter

The Hunger Games

March - 2013

Elysium

Ender's Game

March ties

May - 2012

The Avengers

Dark Shadows

May - 2013

Iron Man 3

Pacific Rim (most anticipated movie of the year)

Star Trek 2

Lone Ranger

May 2013 wins

June 2012

Huntsman

Rock of Ages

Prometheus

Brave

June 2013

Man of Steel

2012 wins

July 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Dark Knight Rises

July 2013

2012 Wins

August 2012

August 2013

Tie

November 2012

Gravity

Skyfall

November 2013

Catching Fire

Singularity

Thor 2

Pixar - Dino

2013 wins

December 2012

The Hobbit: AUJ

World War Z

Django Unchained

December 2013

The Hobbit: TABA

2012 wins

these based on what I want to see.

The movie that will surprise those still hating on the first one and hung up on that.

Have you heard that Ghost Rider was considered The Dark Knight in comparison to Ghost Rider 2?And I've not even seen Ghost Rider in full to really hate it. I did stop watching it 15 minutes in because it wasn't any good.The trailer for Ghost Rider 2 just plain sucks and as buzz would have it, it's spot on.

There are free screenings every week in Portugal. My life is saved :lol:

I may be mistaken but if you've joined the bandwagon of bashing Alvin and New Year's Eve and whatnot, why do you still go see them?Also 2013 owns 2012. It's mostly sci-fi movies though which are right up my alley.

^^^^I don't know what the consensus is on their dislike per se.For me my biggest gripe was that Johnny Blaze was played a bit zaney. Not like the source at all. At Cage's recommendation cause the character didn't know what it was that really bothered him. The trailers and comments about the character now suggest he's a changed man so the Johnny character should be more serious and even a bit grim. I like the new look of the Rider. Not quite as polished and out of the box. We also don't seem to have a forced romantic subplot going on either.It's going to be a paper thin script I've no doubt, I feel it will be just durable enough to move the story along though.

Have you heard that Ghost Rider was considered The Dark Knight in comparison to Ghost Rider 2?And I've not even seen Ghost Rider in full to really hate it. I did stop watching it 15 minutes in because it wasn't any good.The trailer for Ghost Rider 2 just plain sucks and as buzz would have it, it's spot on.

I don't care a rat's ass about GHOST RIDER 1 or the character or the franchise. But... Neveldine/Taylor directed GHOST RIDER 2, which means it's probably worth watching -- they truly will give you something you've never seen before in every film they do. Their films aren't conventionally great, or even good, but they're watchable and they don't try to do the same tired wannabe-action bullshit like Len Wiseman, etc do. They really do crazy, original, WTF stuff.

Movies I saw at the theatre in 2011:The King's SpeechHannaSource CodeThorPirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger TidesX-Men: First ClassSuper 8Green LanternTransformers: Dark of the MoonHorrible BossesHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2Captain AmericaThe HelpImmortalsHugoHaven't seen yet but will before the year is over:The Adventures of TintinWar Horse

I don't care a rat's ass about GHOST RIDER 1 or the character or the franchise. But... Neveldine/Taylor directed GHOST RIDER 2, which means it's probably worth watching -- they truly will give you something you've never seen before in every film they do. Their films aren't conventionally great, or even good, but they're watchable and they don't try to do the same tired wannabe-action bullshit like Len Wiseman, etc do. They really do crazy, original, WTF stuff.

They've only directed 3 films. Now I liked both Crank 2 and Gamer but thought the first Crank was retarded. Either way, could I do without seeing those movies? Yes. Watch the trailer again. Doesn't look very new to me, and inventiveness cannot overcome a shit script anyway.