Dementeleus

Monday Numbers 7/7 | AOE 4.76, Tammy 2.78, 22 Jump 1.55, Dragon2 1.45, DUFE 1.42, ETE 1.3 (spatula) | Actuals p13

Lool :PThanksI never watched E.T. I will watch it too

Who knows it might make you cry. ^_^

BTW.. if we're talking about another kind of tears, I have a longer list of the movies that bored me to tears.. :D.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

When you can, pm me or post here, pleaase ^^

Not a good idea.. my 'boring' movies are mostly considered 'good movies' by most people.

For example, the only movie that ever put me to sleep while watching it in the cinema is The Last Samurai, and I've watched so many shit movies.

• Like 1

I cry at movies all the damn time. The last ones that really hit me were Captain Phillips, Blue is The Warmest Color, 12 Years a Slave and Saving Mr. Banks.

Magnolia had me physically shaking.

• Like 1

If you want to talk about disappointing summer movie performance, you need to talk about The Lost World. I mean, it was coming off of Jurassic Park, which was huge. It had all the important people involved again. Anticipation for The Lost World was off the charts.

And it opened huge. The size of it taking the opening weekend number was gigantic.  TLW beat Batman Forever by $20m. That was insane. It was a full 36.7% higher, as well, which no film that's set the OW record has matched. The only comparable is Batman '89, which was likewise ridiculous in its box office dominance. It beat the previous record (owned by Ghostbusters 2) by 37.4%, but the previous record had only existed for a week. (And in turn, beat the previous previous record, Indy 3's, which had stood for just three weeks. The summer of '89 was pretty crazy, y'all.)

So, it opened big. And in defiance for all expectations, it pretty much cratered. That massive $72m opening turned into a paltry $229m total. It earned an astonishingly bad 31.5% of its total in just three days. When you look at the entire Memorial Day Weekend, it earned nearly 40% of the total in four days. Clearly despite the opening, audiences just did not respond well. WOM sucked. It cratered for a few weeks and lost the summer to Men in Black, which showed that Will Smith wasn't a one and done superstar. Neither of them won the year, but that's a story for another time.

Anyway. Big opening, bad WOM, disappointing result despite the pedigree. Sound familiar?

The Lost World adjusts to a $125m opening and a $397m final.

God, that would be wonderful this year.

• Like 2

Blue Is The Warmest Color is so powerful. You don't realize it while you're watching but it hits you HARD after you're done.  :(

I loved the NY Times review. So true. 

Played with astonishing sensitivity by the 19-year-old Adèle Exarchopoulos, she gives every appearance, when we first encounter her, of being an ordinary French teenager: running to catch the morning bus to school, daydreaming in class, trading gossip with her friends in the cafeteria. Her transformation, before our eyes and in close-ups that register every stray tendril of hair and fluctuation of skin tone, is not necessarily into anything more extraordinary. The child of a lower-middle-class family in the northern industrial city of Lille, Adèle is pointedly and contentedly modest in her ambitions. She likes reading and eating (especially her father’s spaghetti) and aspires to a career as a schoolteacher.

And yet, over the course of nearly three hours and what seems like about a half-dozen years (Mr. Kechiche is not fussy about marking the passage of time), Adèle acquires a depth and grandeur that make her equal to some of the great heroines of literature. For a while, as with Anna Karenina or Elizabeth Bennet or Clarissa Dalloway, her life is also yours, and afterward you may discover that yours has altered as a result of the encounter.

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

Do I stay up watching the last 45 minutes TDKR for the billionth time or go to sleep so I can get refreshed for work?

:thinking:

Nolan is the right choice.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 2

I've done pretty good for myself with this script writing stuff. I've already written five episodes in one week, course they still need to be acted out, but at least I have good idea of how they are, and the effort seems to be there.

• Like 1

Watch any 45 minutes of Batman Begins or TDK instead. Time much better spent. ;)

Would require me to pop in the Blu-Ray at this point. Too lazy. Besides, I <3 the ending of TDKR despite any issues prior.

• Like 1