CoolioD1

Wednesday Actuals: TF4 - 3.68M (pg 10)

It had 3 weeks of over 40% drop and just one week under 40%, that is not very good, that is just okay. If it had under 30% drop every week so far, than I would call it very good. And it's under-performing, so 102m was not what was expected of it in the first place so all in all okay run. 

In percentage terms you don't think EoT holds have been very good for summertime? I think they've been excellent. Only Malf has been more consistent. Regardless of opening, getting near a 3.5 multiplier is difficult. You're completely right, of course, that this is off a small base and it's a weak performer on the whole. Also agree with your point about theater counts -- continued drops are the one thing that may short-circuit the $100 million mark.

• Like 1

Answer this: Should people root for movies, because they are underdog? Can't they just hope it does bad, because they don't like it?

You have to accept that everyone will not be like you. 

People root for a movie for different reasons. I don't expect everyone to like the same movies for the same reasons. That would be boring.

It's just funny and annoying at the same time when you liked a movie that was hated by most. You could tell people did try to come up with every biased judgment, twisted infos and double-standard to bring it down.

In percentage terms you don't think EoT holds have been very good for summertime? I think they've been excellent. Only Malf has been more consistent. Regardless of opening, getting near a 3.5 multiplier is difficult. You're completely right, of course, that this is off a small base and it's a weak performer on the whole. Also agree with your point about theater counts -- continued drops are the one thing that may short-circuit the $100 million mark.

I think many didn't expect Maleficent to do as well as it is doing and in that case it has performed really and had very good legs, but EoT was supposed to do better than what it is doing. But I understand how hard 3,5 multiplier is, but that in a small scale, doesn't make it good run, as you said. 

The drops have been really big everytime, it's scary. 

It had 3 weeks of over 40% drop and just one week under 40%, that is not very good, that is just okay. If it had under 30% drop every week so far, than I would call it very good. And it's under-performing, so 102m was not what was expected of it in the first place so all in all okay run. 

What are you talking about??  It is already at a multi of 3.28, which is better than EVERYTHING ELSE RELEASED THIS SUMMER!

• Like 1

And yet no one (except Jack) fought to support "the underdog" when it was TRANSCENDENCE, or I FRANKENSTEIN, or whatever.

Did anyone apart from Jack watch those movies? To defend a movie, you need to watch it. Same thing if you are criticizing a movie as well. I don't think Transcendence or I, Frankenstein had much of either.

• Like 2

People root for a movie for different reasons. I don't expect everyone to like the same movies for the same reasons. That would be boring.

It's just funny and annoying at the same time when you liked a movie that was hated by most. You could tell people did try to come up with every biased judgment, twisted infos and double-standard to bring it down.

Then knowing that, why were you specially after Kelli? It felt like singled her out. 

What are you talking about??  It is already at a multi of 3.28, which is better than EVERYTHING ELSE RELEASED THIS SUMMER!

now you are calling 28m OW to 100M total gross, very good legs.  :huh:

btw it's multiplier now is at 3,57. 

It might be better than everything else, but do you know how much other are making? they are all above this. 

How is TF4 the "underdog" in any way, shape, or form?

When player X plays a match against player Y @player Y home ground, player X is the underdog.

TF4 = player X, the other movies that people considered to be better than TF4 = player Y

It's pretty tough to fight for movies you don't like.

It's also stupid IMO to fight for a movie you don't like, if it's doing bad numbers. At least fight for movies you don't like that are doing great numbers. 

• Like 1

When player X plays a match against player Y @player Y home ground, player X is the underdog.

TF4 = player X, the other movies that people considered to be better than TF4 = player Y

So if say Barcelona are playing against NYC fc and it's the home ground of NYC fc, are Barcelona the underdog? :huh:

So if say Barcelona are playing against NYC fc and it's the home ground of NYC fc, are Barcelona the underdog? :huh:

Of course. How can Barcelona hope to beat a team with Xavi, Villa, Lampard?

• Like 2