CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I feel meeting up with people I met on the internet could be incredibly, uncomfortably awkward.  

Really?  I had a blast.  I met up with  a guy who I talked to at mojo.  We went for dinner, then saw Manchurian Candidate.  It was a blast.  I'd do it again for sure.

• Like 2

Because I met a travel agent through work who said that going on a safari is great for single people traveling alone.  It's affordable and when you go to the hotel and then book the excursions, they then place you in a group of other travelers so that you are never alone on the trips.  It sounds like a cool vacation.

Speaking as someone working in the industry, and having been on safaris...careful what you wish for. Especially if you go for more commercial (and generally more affordable) options, suck as Kenya or even South Africa. You might end up cursing the day you chose a shared option, because you could very well end up with extremely annoying tourists, or with tourists that don't speak a wide-spread language.

Additionally, if you book your accommodation first (lodges for safari) and end up booking directly with them for the excursions, you'll pay more. Your best bet is to contact a local tour operator and get them to book the whole package (accommodation and game drives - usually with their own vehicles). It may take a bit of time and research on your part, but you'll also be able to negotiate. And, of course, shared basis will be cheaper and a lot of these tour operators have fixed departures (like one day a week, or twice weekly or whatever) and do the tour with a few people in the same vehicle.

Personally, I would recommend two destinations for you:

1. Tanzania (if you have the money and time, add 4 days in Uganda, for gorilla trekking; so you'd start in Kampala, go to Bwindi, return to EBB for a flight to JRO, then do the Northern Circuit safari in Tanzania and, if you want, a bit of beach in Zanzibar).

2. Namibia. Simply fabulous. Great for self-drive vacations.

• Like 1

Really?  I had a blast.  I met up with  a guy who I talked to at mojo.  We went for dinner, then saw Manchurian Candidate.  It was a blast.  I'd do it again for sure.

I'm with you there. Especially when it comes to people you've talked to for years...I think it would be fascinating. I hope you have a great time with Rth.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone working in the industry, and having been on safaris...careful what you wish for. Especially if you go for more commercial (and generally more affordable) options, suck as Kenya or even South Africa. You might end up cursing the day you chose a shared option, because you could very well end up with extremely annoying tourists, or with tourists that don't speak a wide-spread language.

Additionally, if you book your accommodation first (lodges for safari) and end up booking directly with them for the excursions, you'll pay more. Your best bet is to contact a local tour operator and get them to book the whole package (accommodation and game drives - usually with their own vehicles). It may take a bit of time and research on your part, but you'll also be able to negotiate. And, of course, shared basis will be cheaper and a lot of these tour operators have fixed departures (like one day a week, or twice weekly or whatever) and do the tour with a few people in the same vehicle.

Personally, I would recommend two destinations for you:

1. Tanzania (if you have the money and time, add 4 days in Uganda, for gorilla trekking; so you'd start in Kampala, go to Bwindi, return to EBB for a flight to JRO, then do the Northern Circuit safari in Tanzania and, if you want, a bit of beach in Zanzibar).

2. Namibia. Simply fabulous. Great for self-drive vacations.

Thanks buddy.  This is really helpful stuff.

• Like 1

Three people I'd like to meet? (not counting mods) RichWSJake GittesNumbers

Me and Rich were close to meeting. But Pink didn't feel it was right,
  • Like 3

I feel meeting up with people I met on the internet could be incredibly, uncomfortably awkward.  

It can. It helps if you share mutal interests and there are real life reasons for meeting and doing something.

Thus my suggestion before of the movie marathon.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter, I'm still not in Ed's "triangle", so forget him. Congrats on about to become a dad, but forget him.

Woah woah woah...I have a triangle?

I would like to meet some people here, but that is pretty much impossible :lol:

If I ever get back with my ex...I'll be sure to look you up when we go to Portugal.

In other words, I'll never get a chance to meet you.  :)

• Like 1