CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

You know, I'm starting to think mabey into the storm can get over 100M too. I've seen some good TV spots recently.

Thinking 70 to 90 mil for that one. Actually, a lot of movies this August have the potential to breakout, also including Get On Up, Let's Be Cops, Expendables 3, and Sin City 2.
  • Like 2

Just got back from seeing Apes. Great sequel. Hail Caesar! Congratulations to Fox for making the two best mainstream films of the summer. When was the last time we could say that?!

Don't they actually have three of the best mainstream movies?

X-Men: Days of Future Past

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (presumably)

Looking at the first two only, the only other movie this summer that stands up to that in quality is 22 Jump Street

It's a bandwagon thing though. In two weeks time nobody will care about soccer again. That's what's annoying. I have nothing against soccer. But I do hate America's bandwagoning love for it right now. 

Here FUCKING here!

Same thing in Toronto.  World Cup is dissected on our sports radio and these tools talk like they know soccer and it matters here in Canada.  Once the WC is over, it won't be talked about again for another 4 years.  I hear some talking head discussing soccer and I immediately change the station.

How is that any different from any other big sporting event?  Do you think 100m people watch football every Sunday or do most of them tune in for the big game only?

At least with the World Cup it is an event that only happens once every 4 years, that makes it special.

It's because N America has no soccer league worth a damn, so there's nothing to care about except the World Cup every 4 years. But I suspect that'll change in the next couple of decades.

MLS is actually a growing sport.  It doesn't come close to touching EPL, but it is definitely gaining in popularity in the US.

• Like 1