Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

Damn this was really different than the first. Turned into The Last of Us

One thing this movie really doesn't do well is provide a jumping on point. If someone hasn't watched the first movie they will be completely lost in this one. There are plenty of references to the maze and things which happened in the first part.

One thing this movie really doesn't do well is provide a jumping on point. If someone hasn't watched the first movie they will be completely lost in this one. There are plenty of references to the maze and things which happened in the first part.

I kind of have to agree. Thinking about it (no matter how much good it did) I have to admit that it requires at least basic knowledge of the previous installment.

It is a sequel so that is normal. Don't see how this is a bad thing.

They made references on the previous movie, but we don't need a recap.  If the newbies haven't seen the first one before watching this, too bad for them.

Yeah, I thought this aspect was very poor. It's virtually unwatchable to people who haven't seen the first one, which is naturally very limiting to both its own narrative, and the audience.

Yeah, I thought this aspect was very poor. It's virtually unwatchable to people who haven't seen the first one, which is naturally very limiting to both its own narrative, and the audience.

I think the intro was awesome getting the audience into the world even if they didn't put a recap of recent events.

Tbh, I have no idea what you all are talking about. It is exactly like Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part 1 or Insurgent. Or even the MCU.

Then why have I had people walking out of the movie complaining to me that the film doesn't make any sense?

I'm that's my point. Cjohn is saying its fine for people who haven't seen the first one. I'm saying its not. :)

I never said that. 

I said Catching Fire, MJ1 and Insurgent also need people to watch the first in order to understand what is happening in the 2nd. You guys said that is bad to not have a recap of the first movie and I gave those examples to explain why I think it is not. People should just do at least a quick search of what the first is about before seeing the 2nd. 

I agree that if someone goes see Scorch Trials without seeing Maze Runner won't understand much, but that is a problem of those people. 

Edited by CJohn