Fancyarcher

Tuesday Estimates (Spatula): Apes (5.0), PA (3.5), Pla2 (2.3), ST (2), TF4 (1.4)

So I didn't even realize this, but Purge Anarchy became the biggest horror movie of the year on Monday, on only it's 4th day.

Bad year for horror for sure, but Purge Anarchy is definitely the standout performer so far.

• Like 1

So I didn't even realize this, but Purge Anarchy became the biggest horror movie of the year on Monday, on only it's 4th day.

Bad year for horror for sure, but Purge Anarchy is definitely the standout performer so far.

Jeez, it's been a terrible year for horror in that case.

Are people genuinely impressed by Purge Dos or is that the terrible summer talking?

Genuinely. It followed a movie which had shit legs, and was not even received that well and basically turned the franchise around to some extent. No one expected it to do 30M total i.e. half of what Purge did when it was announced based on the bad reception the first movie had. Like a reviewer noted, this movie should have been titled "The Purge: Mulligan" since it was a redo from the first movie.

Edited by grim22

Jeez, it's been a terrible year for horror in that case.

Yep, for sure.

That said, there are a few horror movies coming out in late August and September, none of which are looking to be terribly big, but then October will bring a ton, and you'd think at least one or two should be hits.

Genuinely. It followed a movie which had shit legs, and was not even received that well and basically turned the franchise around to some extent. No one expected it to do 30M total i.e. half of what Purge did when it was announced based on the bad reception the first movie had. Like a reviewer noted, this movie should have been titled "The Purge: Mulligan" since it was a redo from the first movie.

Thank goodness for the zero competition and marketplace full of shit, I guess.

I didn't catch this yesterday, but it's pretty hilarious, one solitary person saw this film on Monday:

THE HORNET'S NEST
Freestyle Releasing

$6

-95.9% / $6
$311,052 / 74

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 4