Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Oh yeah ... this film is beating Cap 2 with those #s :)

It was nice while it lasted.

Beaten by another Marvel film that I loved.

I'm not mad.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 5

I'll admit I didn't know what to expect from guardian's box office at first, I always predicted around 180-240m range total, and predicted a 75m opening hoping for mid 80s, so it's definitely surpassing box office expectations.But I will say as each blockbuster this summer underperformed I was thinking (but not certain) that GOTG could be the breakout Pirates/transformers and win the summer. We still need to see how it performs next week before we know if it can win the summer or not but it's definitely possible if it can hold well.

I don't think you can say cap or xmen underperformed, right in line with a decent run for both domestically imo.Maleficent i think as well isnt an underperformer. Spiderman is underperforming for what a spiderman film should do but as a shitty fllow up to a shitty reeboot I'm not sure you can expect much more of it.

• Like 2

I don't think you can say cap or xmen underperformed, right in line with a decent run for both domestically imo.Maleficent i think as well isnt an underperformer. Spiderman is underperforming for what a spiderman film should do but as a shitty fllow up to a shitty reeboot I'm not sure you can expect much more of it.

1.Cap wasn't summer2.Maleficent over performed and DOFP performed very well but that doesn't change the fact they capped at 230m. Hardly a saturated market
  • Like 1

GOTG 32.7-33.5,Lucy 6.9,GOU 5.5,Herc 4.4,Apes 3.6,pla2 2.4,PA 2.3,AMWM 1.6,ST 1.5,ASIG 1.4,BH 1.1,AOE 940k

Good bumps overall. Not so great for Get on Up thought

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1

Why are deadline's numbers lower than their previous estimate though?

Deadline haven't given their new Saturday number, their current range is what they had earlier today

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

1.Cap wasn't summer2.Maleficent over performed and DOFP performed very well but that doesn't change the fact they capped at 230m. Hardly a saturated market

right keep forgetting cap was early

also didnt mention T4mers undercooking

• Like 1