Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Never thought of that. If there is a holiday on Monday, do Sundays historically do better than usual ? 

Yeah a bit. Though with schools already out of session, it probably won't help as much as it would during the school year. Or at least I'm assuming schools in Canada are out for the summer still.

Edited by Orestes

Yeah a bit. Though with schools already out of session, it probably won't help as much as it would during the school year. Or at least I'm assuming schools in Canada are out for the summer still.

Usually. People are more likely to see a movie on Sunday if there is a holiday on Mon, Sunday night sales should be better at least.

Great, GOTG has a better chance of reaching $100 million

Canadian box office is only about 10% of the total box office number, but I am hoping we have at least $1 million gain on Sunday due to the Holiday.

GOTG is gonna do for 70s music what The Avengers did for shawarma.

Those songs in that movie have been used to death though.  Pina Colada, Aint No Mountain and Ooh Child I know for sure have been in several movies. So it's not quite like shawarma where not many people knew what it was before Avengers.

• Like 1

Fair enough. Though, I was mainly referring to sales shooting up, not people being made aware of the existence of something they didn't know about before.I think iTunes sales of these songs will spike, like that mini-shawarma boom after Avengers, so in that regard my argument stands.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Rock still has Fast 6. Lets see if GotG tops that.

I like the Rock, but I hate the fact that he has been in so many crappy movies lately.

It is great seeing another wrestler like Batista make it big with a hit movie, with the sequel already greenlighted. GOTG2 should be another 200m DOM hit for Batista. :bop:

• Like 1

Fair enough. Though, I was mainly referring to sales shooting up, not people being made aware of the existence of something they didn't know about before.I think iTunes sales of these songs will spike, like that mini-shawarma boom after Avengers, so in that regard my argument stands.

Oh I can agree with you on that!

• Like 1