Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

baumer, on 01 Aug 2014 - 3:27 PM, said:

A serious question:If this was just Guardians of the Galaxy, and not MARVEL'S GOTG, would you guys like it as much?I doubt it.

Their last three efforts all left something to be desired for me (IM3 I did enjoy, though I acknowledge its flaws), and I was not that excited for Guardians until very recently. 

^^ Captain Jack you stilll thinking Turtles may have not earthly mate vs Guardians good buddy. I cant believe this lowballing predicts.. Folks expecting Guardians to drop only 48-50+% vs Turtles I think those new trailers assure a 54-60+% drop for Guardians.. Ohh a battle of the Nostalgia vs the new warriorsof Marvel coming right up. I say Turtles is more than a match for Guardians on Weekend 2

Turtles will hurt GOTG the question now is: How much?

That's my general range.  Thinking 50-55.  But if GotG has truly strong WOM then it could potentially pull some business from TMNT.  Especially if reviews aren't good.

If reviews aren't good. :lol:
  • Like 1

95 is already great.  Well beyond expectations.  GotG fans just want that 3 digit OW.

How about a 95m OW and then an 85% drop to something around 4.2 for Monday? (It can have a mighty 100% jump on Tuesday after that, I don't care).

Make it happen, box office gods!

• Like 3

95 is already great.  Well beyond expectations.  GotG fans just want that 3 digit OW.

And I think they have their 100M OW.., but weekend 2 Guardians battles 20+ yrs of history in green.

Lets see what happens...

" There the worlds most fearsome fighting teammmmm!"  " Hey Get a grip!!" " There heroes in a halfshell and their green.."

Mutant Ninja Turtles!""" " Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" " Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" " Heroes In  Half Shell!"

• Like 1

How about a 95m OW and then an 85% drop to something around 4.2 for Monday? (It can have a mighty 100% jump on Tuesday after that, I don't care).

Tele you think these 30-40+ predicts for TMNT next friday are going to be terminated or you think those new trailers

didnt win over fans. Once I saw their moves as a team and Splinter moments.. Im really interested in seeing this now

Re Baumer: I have been very critical of Marvel lately- from the abysmal Iron Man 3 to the solid but overhyped CA2 to the forgettable Thor 2. Hell, even Avengers had some flaws that seriously detracted from it. If anything, I would like it LESS because it was MCU. But I fucking LOVED Guardians. Loved loved loved. Probably my favorite blockbuster of the summer, and that's saying something.

• Like 4

Turtles will hurt GOTG the question now is: How much?

Preach it.. I hope we are right.. Would hate to see Turtles get a big buget launch and make only Lucy

numbers or lower and that would be a flop.(at least domestically) That aint happening.

Indeed Augustus to 59-65M and beyond!!

• Like 1

Me thinks you have ulterior motives? 

Posted Image

• Like 1

How about a 95m OW and then an 85% drop to something around 4.2 for Monday? (It can have a mighty 100% jump on Tuesday after that, I don't care).Make it happen, box office gods!

You're toast man, admit it.