lilmac

Why special effects are so expensive nowadays...

:lol: I'd certainly be interested in any breakdown that someone finds.

see..I have this obsession with movie budgets/profits/breaking even point stuff it's killing me! and in reality I don't really know shit about any of this..I wish we could access real budget breakdowns and marketing budgets and DVD sales and the rest of ancillary revenue for any movie like accessing it's domestic box office run  :lol:

a dream of mine..

see..I have this obsession with movie budgets/profits/breaking even point stuff it's killing me! and in reality I don't really know shit about any of this..I wish we could access real budget breakdowns and marketing budgets and DVD sales and the rest of ancillary revenue for any movie like accessing it's domestic box office run :lol:a dream of mine..

There are a few line-item breakdowns (of production budgets, at least) floating around the Internet. It's only for a couple movies, so they can really be applied to modern productions, but they're still interesting (and helpful). Google Jay Epstein -- budgets for Robin Hood, The Village, and Terminator 3.
  • Like 1

There are a few line-item breakdowns (of production budgets, at least) floating around the Internet. It's only for a couple movies, so they can really be applied to modern productions, but they're still interesting (and helpful).Google Jay Epstein -- budgets for Robin Hood, The Village, and Terminator 3.

I've read the Village breakdown..and a bit of Signs..

weirdly M Night S movies are all out in the open  :lol:

thanks for the advice..i'll check the other movies

• Like 1

for example How to Train your Dragon 2 had a team of 500 people..a movie which is full CGI

Animated movies are produced over several years. VFX teams on live-action films often have 18 months or less to complete increasingly complicated effects.

• Like 2

This just makes me appreciate directors like Bay even more. He's able to have far more special effects shots im his movies than most directors and he keeps the budget relatively low considering what you get on screen. The guy must be a well organised director if you ask me.

• Like 1

Avengers cost around 220 m, I would say the VFX budget is maybe around 80 m, more or less, I may be completely wrong but a movie with that many VFX shots is basically 2 movies.I am pretty sure the average moviegoer didn t notice that Avengers New York is mostly digital.

• Like 1