Punishment

Weekend Actuals 8/1-8/3 GOTG 94.3m Lucy 18.3m GOU 13.6m

I see EoT had a 62% increase. WB is starting to work on the fudge for that one now the Godzilla job is done  :ph34r:

I really liked EoT but that thing was a hard sell from the beginning. I think it will cross that $100m.

• Like 2

That's an odd thing to keep track of. Too many variables with the movies on that list. Especially the ones that opened in the 80s and 90s. A lot of those had super low opening weekends (which was the norm) and legged their way to $200m.

• Like 2

I really liked EoT but that thing was a hard sell from the beginning. I think it will cross that $100m.

It will yeah, and it is good to see it passing the mark. It was a great movie, IMO.

yeah agreed, in the end it has made money. Though a sequel might have some problems

I can see it being another Wrath of the Titans. 

• Like 2

Of course none of those above it opened to 90m + so 13 is underselling it's achievement.

To put it in recent perspective it took Godzilla 21 days longer to make it $200m than ASM2. :lol:

#1 Back to the Future opened to $11m.  That's why I think the list, the way it's constructed is odd.

• Like 1

Of course none of those above it opened to 90m + so 13 is underselling it's achievement.

To put it in recent perspective it took Godzilla 21 days longer to make it $200m than ASM2. :lol:

And 35 days longer than Thor 2 :rofl:

• Like 6

and about 60m domestic. I can see China accounting for the vast majority of worldwide gross.

I can see it grossing more if there is no competition in that April. Something like 33/75.

• Like 1