Mojoguy

Tuesday Numbers: GOTG 12, Lucy 2.6, Herc 1.6 (Rth) DBZ 1.07

I have little argument with this post.

Cap 2 had a very good reception.  The response to GOTG though...is, imo, way beyond that.  People are fucking loving this thing.

Naaah everyone on the internet is pretty much saying Captain America 2 is the best marvel film made KO.

No way is Guardians as good as Cap. Its proably a fun movie , but Caps realism and heart will last and last..

Lets keep the turtles talk to the turtle thread

I'am really curious to know what Dragon Ball Z has grossed in its limited run, its been trending well last few days

Extacy its related talk my sweet as Turtles is going to take some legs away from Guardians this week

Naaah everyone on the internet is pretty much saying Captain America 2 is the best marvel film made KO.

No way is Guardians as good as Cap. Its proably a fun movie , but Caps realism and heart will last and last..

I mean, my heart is with you.  I think Cap 2 is the better film.

But my read on reception is...there's more love for GOTG.

Doesn't matter what I think.  The response I'm seeing here is just...more than Cap 2.

• Like 4

Doesn't matter what I think.  The response I'm seeing here is just...more than Cap 2.

One thing GOTG has over TWS is that GOTG look way more family friendly. Tons of kids everywhere want to watch a movie with a talking raccoon that uses a machine gun.

• Like 1

One thing GOTG has over TWS is that GOTG look way more family friendly. Tons of kids everywhere want to watch a movie with a talking raccoon that uses a machine gun.

Certainly GOTG has a sense of humor that is I imagine way more approachable to audiences than Cap 2.  And Cap 2 did fantastic.  But I can see how GOTG might have slightly more appeal (and we'll see if it does, though I'm thinking it ends slightly highest domestic when all is said and done).

I do think Cap 2 is a better film though...it has a plot that's actually worth following, and not the stock bad guy wants to blow up the world formula.  Guardians is a fantastic piece of entertainment built on top of a rather typical storyline.  I don't think audiences give a shit though.

Edited by kowhite

Winter Soldier has already dropped below The Avengers on IMDb, and it wont beat Guardians either. Its also below Guardians in the users on this forum. Its below Avengers and Guardians again on RT. So where are you getting this everyone is saying Captain America 2 is better. Evidence to support plz

So many of your claims are baseless

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

Certainly GOTG has a sense of humor that is I imagine way more approachable to audiences than Cap 2.  And Cap 2 did fantastic.  But I can see how GOTG might have slightly more appeal (and we'll see if it does, though I'm thinking it ends slightly highest domestic when all is said and done).

Rocket Raccoon toys are selling like crazy at the stores around me, the raccoon is way more popular than Starlord.

But I'm bummed there are no Drax or Gamora toys being sold. :sadno:

Rocket Raccoon toys are selling like crazy at the stores around me, the raccoon is way more popular than Starlord.

But I'm bummed there are no Drax or Gamora toys being sold. :sadno:

yeah, they should all have toys.

Every child deserves their own green whore play thing.

• Like 1

Winter Soldier has already dropped below The Avengers on IMDb, and it wont beat Guardians either. Its also below Guardians in the users on this forum. Its below Avengers and Guardians again on RT. So where are you getting this everyone is saying Captain America 2 is better. Evidence to support plz

I loved TWS, but it is way more grown up than the other MUC movies released. It might not have reached its full potential at the boxoffice because many parents probably didn't think it would be appropriate to watch for their kids.

• Like 1

I loved TWS, but it is way more grown up than the other MUC movies released. It might not have reached its full potential at the boxoffice because many parents probably didn't think it would be appropriate to watch for their kids.

I'd argue it did reach it's full potential at the box office cause...well, it did awesome box office, and delivering what GOTG did in terms of family friendly stuff would require undermining a lot of what made that film work in the first place...IE, there's no room for crazy fuzzy cute and crazy characters in a Cap movie.

Cap 2 delivered.  Even if GOTG had the opporunity to capitilize on something else that might propel it beyond, doesn't mean Cap 2 could've done so successfully.  And worth noting...I think Cap 2 will stil win internationally. 

• Like 2

You are getting a lil cuckoo extacy, its already well known that IMDB ratings are a joke and a fraud.. Marvel loonies or fanboys

for Guardians log in there multiple times, does not say people love Guardians more.

LOL

When you check Superherohype and aol polls(Where you actually have to have a membership  and sites where you have to have a paid or verified acct= a different story)

I have yet to see anyone between the age of 25-50 that rated Guardians up there with Cap.

I do think Cap 2 is a better film though...it has a plot that's actually worth following, and not the stock bad guy wants to blow up the world formula.  Guardians is a fantastic piece of entertainment built on top of a rather typical storyline.  I don't think audiences give a shit though.

I agree. In my opinion Cap2 is better than GOTG but for family audience GOTG is a better film for the whole family to enjoy.

And since we don't have fun animations like Despicable Me2 and MU this year GOTG might just be the film to fill that void.

• Like 3

I'd argue it did reach it's full potential at the box office cause...well, it did awesome box office, and delivering what GOTG did in terms of family friendly stuff would require undermining a lot of what made that film work in the first place...IE, there's no room for crazy fuzzy cute and crazy characters in a Cap movie.

Cap 2 delivered.  Even if GOTG had the opporunity to capitilize on something else that might propel it beyond, doesn't mean Cap 2 could've done so successfully.  And worth noting...I think Cap 2 willIf  stil win internationally. 

If Cap 3 doesnt goes against Batman And Superman Capt 3 will rape Guardians..

Rem It was an April release, if they had release Capt 2 for Xmas it would  have made 300+Mil. Cap wasnt tested yet, so they didnt feel confident for a summer tentpole... Now that Cap is the best marvel film and up there with SM2 and TDK..

Shoot I think the thoughts on Cap has changed.

Disney actually feels Cap3 can hurt the mega film Dawn of Justice.. And they figure even if it take a hit it might reign in Superman and Batman from beating Avengers.

If both films stay on each other back, Im going to be really worried for Cap3. Somebody hopefully will move.

And  I think Caps full potential KO is over a billion.

The kids and teens are basically helping Guardians by dragging mom and dad to multiple viewings. Same reasons films like Casper made all that money. Another mention of bigger than norm BO is Smurfs

I agree. In my opinion Cap2 is better than GOTG but for family audience GOTG is a better film for the whole family to enjoy.

And since we don't have fun animations like Despicable Me2 and MU this year GOTG might just be the film to fill that void.

I agree.

It can certainly help fill that void.  Hopefully in clean way, without leaving a Jackson Pollock like mess.

• Like 2

I think Cap 3 if it has the room to operate could go into 350-400+Mil territory and 800-1B WW. As long as Evans

and those brillant brothers are directing. :) I just hope Cap3 doesnt end up going against you know who :(

You are getting a lil cuckoo extacy, its already well known that IMDB ratings are a joke and a fraud.. Marvel loonies or fanboys

for Guardians log in there multiple times, does not say people love Guardians more.

LOL

When you check Superherohype and aol polls(Where you actually have to have a membership  and sites where you have to have a paid or verified acct= a different story)

I have yet to see anyone between the age of 25-50 that rated Guardians up there with Cap.

Why would Captain America Winter Soldier have less fan-boy voting then a new and unknown property? IMDb can be compared in this case as they are both comic book movies from the same studio released in the same year

Edit: Actually I don't care about your response, lets see how the films play out in the next month

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2