Mojoguy

Tuesday Numbers: GOTG 12, Lucy 2.6, Herc 1.6 (Rth) DBZ 1.07

I think Cap 3 if it has the room to operate could go into 350-400+Mil territory and 800-1B WW. As long as Evans

and those brillant brothers are directing. :) I just hope Cap3 doesnt end up going against you know who :(

I do think you're being a bit optimistic there.

Not on the worldwide, but on the domestic.

Edited by kowhite

I do think you're being a bit optimistic there.

Not on the worldwide, but on the domestic.

I tell you release dates matter my friend. I think Cap has mad love, we will know especially when we see how it sells on

HV BO market :)..  It much not run against what could be the biggest comic behemoth of all time. Im hoping DC wont be able

to finish it by May and will end up with a different date. :)

Well Godzilla had shit legs and TF4 seems to be disliked by a good amount of people so those aren't the best comparisons.

I think GOTG will have a big Friday similar to Apes second weekend so I'm not all that concerned on how the weekdays play. 

Nah, its just disliked by loud internet geeks, most people seem to enjoy it.

I live in Canada, I know it was a holiday but the first Monday in August, which is the Canadian holiday every year, doesn't skew the numbers that much.  2012, 2013, 2011, all saw openers increase on their first Tuesday in August.  So this was expected, not shocking at all.

Hey now....the Monday thread featured a downplaying of GotG numbers due to that holiday (starting on pg 2)....so it's not really fair to jettison it now.

I don't think it's above expectation at all. We've passed that point since Sunday number came out. We all know in comparison to the other blockbusters this movie has widest appeal to GA plus the best WOM and the best critical reception. Why would the movie with everything working on it's favour not making this kind of number? It'd have been more of a surprise if the number had been meh...

I fight against that type of thinking.   I might even call it being spoiled.   We frequently get used to good things and take them for granted.   I'm not going to forget one week ago when GotG was looking to take in 65m OW.   Seems a huge waste to quickly dismiss what it is doing and start calling it "expected".

To heck with that!  This is too fun. :P

I mean, my heart is with you.  I think Cap 2 is the better film.

But my read on reception is...there's more love for GOTG.

Doesn't matter what I think.  The response I'm seeing here is just...more than Cap 2.

I'm right there with you.   Cap 2 is still slightly better for me...but the public seems to really be embracing GotG.

• Like 1

I'd say, she is suppose to be like this...

Posted Image

More green.

Wow....

But I have to say I was nice that she looked so sexy in the movie without the need for a skimpy outfit like that.   That skirt at the end was really nice...but she was even hot in the prison outfit.

Wow....

But I have to say I was nice that she looked so sexy in the movie without the need for a skimpy outfit like that.   That skirt at the end was really nice...but she was even hot in the prison outfit.

Had she wore that, it would have passed 100 OW.  And guaranteed at least 400 million domestic.

• Like 2

No. The percentage of women and children would have dropped for sure if the most prominent female character was dressed like that.

But it would gain more men and young boys and more to compensate for the loss.

• Like 2