Mojoguy

Tuesday Numbers: GOTG 12, Lucy 2.6, Herc 1.6 (Rth) DBZ 1.07

Well if it follows closely with RotPotA the next few days could look like

Wed  $9,000,000  -25.00%  $127,043,239

Thu  $8,100,000  -10.00%  $135,143,239

Fri  $14,985,000  85.00%  $150,128,239

Sat  $19,930,050  33.00%  $170,058,289

Sun  $15,944,040  -20.00%  $186,002,329

So obviously the key to a big hold will be the Friday jump.

ETA:  I doubt the weekend hold will be that good since it adds up to about $51M

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 2

You are getting a lil cuckoo extacy, its already well known that IMDB ratings are a joke and a fraud.. Marvel loonies or fanboys

for Guardians log in there multiple times, does not say people love Guardians more.

LOL

When you check Superherohype and aol polls(Where you actually have to have a membership  and sites where you have to have a paid or verified acct= a different story)

I have yet to see anyone between the age of 25-50 that rated Guardians up there with Cap.

That counterbalances one franchise movie's rating to the others, as they all have 'nuts' fans

Count over 50 year olds too?

I've contact to and write with a lot of people in that 25-50 age-group (and older ones including me and some fellow Internet-users) that I know since many years...

a lot see the 2 movies at ~ equal.

But we are 'old enough' to not compare movies out of different genres. And no, I do not mean based on CBMs. I am aware about GotG got a time-limit of 2 hours = for introducing so many worlds and details,... not a lot of time. CA 2 didn't need that, so it could focus on other things => also not directly comparable for CA being a 2 1/2 installment and GotG a first...

But both movies have very strong parts and GotG seems to get additional ~ 30 minutes as Blu-Ray (according to a post), so the details I am criticizing should be solved by that.

If Cap 3 doesnt goes against Batman And Superman Capt 3 will rape Guardians..

The kids and teens are basically helping Guardians by dragging mom and dad to multiple viewings. Same reasons films like Casper made all that money. Another mention of bigger than norm BO is Smurfs

I do not think that is an appropriate wording for several reasons. It is weakening the term in its horrible meaning and it is a method of over-dramatising, both styles I do not care for

And according to early analysis it was the other way around: the older ones were the first ones and then returned at the weekend with their kids

Are you sure you are not in a bit .... over-the-top mood?

I hope Cap stays ahead domestically and WW KO and Katch22.. This guardian film should not beat perfection!! :)

That sounds illogical to me. Interest in BO is now a 'sign for quality?'

But it would gain more men and young boys and more to compensate for the loss.

Marvel is one of the firsts who gets more and more females to also watch super-hero movies. GotG reached a new high = 44% females in the audience.

A lot of them would either refuse to go with their male friends and partners and would eve more refuse to go with their kids

The Internet is already in a kind of hunt for e.g. Feige bcs of to do more for females, including to add a female hero movie. Read the todays film school rejects entry and tell me if that could be called neutral. Especially as they seem to have not understand that the MCU is based on an already existing story-line and them already adding more to their rooster and adding to that storyline accordingly with the upcoming movies too (and their BW & Gamore actresses being both pregnant...)

But the men, think of the men!!!

Btw, not all prefer that, generalism is never a good thing IMHO

So what if she was just supporting just like Uhura was in first movie and taking some parts of her clothes.  That didn't ruin the movie.  Course the second one the complaint was the story and less about half naked woman.

Short moments and / or small supporting roles have nothing to to with leads / mains of a team....

The key word being 'one week ago'. We can't just keep the same expectation regardless of what reality has turned out to be. The movie has already broken out based on the weekend number and Sunday hold. At what point do we adjust our expectation according to the new evidence or we're going to act surprised every time the big number come up as if it's so 'unexpected'.

I didn't dismiss it's success, I only pointed out that it passed the point to play that underdog card. I didn't expect it to be this big but after the weekend I have no doubt about it now.

Not really, a lot are still not sure about the hype / over-hyped discussions

=> there are still some rather loud claims about OW... only happening because very good (or too much...)  advertising and fan-hype. (as such are the first ones to watch it) ...

The worst a hyped over movie can happen is IMHO, when it gets to be loved by the mainstream too => way too many nit-picking naysayers appear, see at other boards like IMDb and so on

So me, I still look daily what the numbers were and am happy over each % point (but not in the gushing way)