kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Dammit, really wanted GOTG to go back to #1 this weekend. Still a small chance I suppose.

GOTG is so beating TMNT this weekend. Will say 26m for GOTG, 23m for TMNT.

These are the kinds of posts that are just ridiculous.  They have no logic to them, just wishful thinking.
  • Like 2

These are the kinds of posts that are just ridiculous.  They have no logic to them, just wishful thinking.

It's maybe possible next weekend given the current drops in both TMNT and GotG daily box office takes... provided the new releases are weak.  It's more likely that GotG would overtake TMNT on a weekday than over the weekend though, honestly.

I still think the PG-13 rating is what really did it. Remember the fan outcry when EX2 was in talks as a possible PG-13 for awhile? I do.

Yea, there's a lot that they did wrong.  But more than anything I think the leak killed it, the pg13 didn't help.

• Like 1

It's maybe possible next weekend given the current drops in both TMNT and GotG daily box office takes... provided the new releases are weak.  It's more likely that GotG would overtake TMNT on a weekday than over the weekend though, honestly.

I agree that Turtles will lose out to GOTG next weekend.....but I doubt either one of them will be number one.

Well, to be fair, isn't it all right if they post that? I've posted stuff that I'm fairly sure had or has zero chance of happening, but wishful thinking is okay. In my alternate dimension domestic box office, GOTG has already grossed what Avatar made worldwide. Twice. :P
  • Like 1

Right, because me being off by about a whopping 1m for GOTG and under by about 2m for TMNT was clearly such wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

65%?  That's wishful thinking.

So Ex 3 is dead.  The leak killed it.  

That and the fact that it looked like nothing special, had bad reviews, came off a lacklustre previous installment, and had horrible trailers and marketing.

The hell are you even talking about? You do know TMNT is headed for about a 62% drop right? So again how was a 65% drop such wishful thinking?

It's not heading for a 62% drop.  58-60.

That and the fact that it looked like nothing special, had bad reviews, came off a lacklustre previous installment, and had horrible trailers and marketing.

Revisionist history here.  

It was a serious thing. I'm not sure it will happen now after Expendables 3 flopped so bad though. Usually you don't see spinoffs when a franchise is fading.

That's too bad.  I was lamenting the lack of female action stars.  

Then again, from what I've been hearing it seems like most of the cast members only get what amounts to a cameo anyway.  That's kind of the problem when you try to cram so many names in.