alisson23

The Maze Runner OS Strong Run! 208M Cume!

Remind me for what? oO

Well if Imax gives you hope then those are examples that being in Imax does not translate into results

@Fullbuster nothing big? Fury may do really well in France. Also arthouse films do really good there so I doubt you need Maze Runner for results.

Are you more other YA movies hater?

What that has to do with me hating YA? I just don't believe in Maze Runner doing well in box office. The movie is not my cup off tea but due to work I will probably see it anyway. Tbh. I'm moderately curious about it since it's fairly original compared to other YA. If you want to talk if it will be good go to IMDB. I'm talking about theatrical results. 

What that has to do with me hating YA? I just don't believe in Maze Runner doing well in box office. The movie is not my cup off tea but due to work I will probably see it anyway. Tbh. I'm moderately curious about it since it's fairly original compared to other YA. If you want to talk if it will be good go to IMDB. I'm talking about theatrical results.

Sorry then. This is a forum about movies. We can talk about quality no problem. :)Why do you believe it won't do well at box office? Edited by MazeRunner23
  • Like 1

Read my previous posts. I can add nothing else. The buzz is lacking, the campaign suggests the distributors don't believe in it and similar movies have not done that well in the past.

Are you talking about the september release, right? September has Resident Evil franchise, animation movies which were strong. We don't have more examples because distributors aren't bold sufficient for put big movies in september. The buzz is well, this is the kind of film that does not show much strength in social networks because is targeted for males. The only similar movie we have is Percy Jackson, it did well at box office. We can't compare YA movies for girls with YA movies for boys, it's a very different situation, here we have action, mystery, thriler, tense scenes and don't have romance neither boring drama.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the september release, right? September has Resident Evil franchise, animation movies which were strong. We don't have more examples because distributors aren't bold sufficient for put big movies in september. The buzz is well, this is the kind of film that does not show much strength in social networks because is targeted for males. The only similar movie we have is Percy Jackson, it did well at box office. We can't compare YA movies for girls with YA movies for boys, it's a very different situation, here we have action, mystery, thriler, tense scenes and don't have romance neither boring drama.

Young males don't translate into a lot of buzz? They are the most vocal and represented group on the internet. Also we can compare it to Jack the Giant slayer - a Fantasy movie aimed at boys. Also the host had a marketing campaign positioning it as a big sci-fi movie. Also yes Percy Jackson didn't do well, that's another example. 

Not to mention you haven't seen the movie and if it will be boring it will have little influence on the opening weekend and it won't be big.

Also you do realize why big movies rarely open in september? Because it's a month that rarely does good. It's a dumping ground for movies studios don't believe in. That means the distributor (who as opposed to you has seen the movie!!!) does not believe in the movie. You could speculate it's a bold move ala GOTG but that movie was also aimed at young males and it had 10x the buzz, the marketing campaign was much bigger which also suggests lack of faith on the studio part. 

I know you like the movie and you want it to do well but please look at the facts and be objective. 

Young males don't translate into a lot of buzz? They are the most vocal and represented group on the internet. Also we can compare it to Jack the Giant slayer - a Fantasy movie aimed at boys. Also the host had a marketing campaign positioning it as a big sci-fi movie. Also yes Percy Jackson didn't do well, that's another example. 

Not to mention you haven't seen the movie and if it will be boring it will have little influence on the opening weekend and it won't be big.

Also you do realize why big movies rarely open in september? Because it's a month that rarely does good. It's a dumping ground for movies studios don't believe in. That means the distributor (who as opposed to you has seen the movie!!!) does not believe in the movie. You could speculate it's a bold move ala GOTG but that movie was also aimed at young males and it had 10x the buzz, the marketing campaign was much bigger which also suggests lack of faith on the studio part. 

I know you like the movie and you want it to do well but please look at the facts and be objective. 

Man, Maze Runner's budget is 30M... Percy Jackson or Jack The Giant Slayer's box office is more than sufficient for it.

The buzz for Percy Jackson 2 was lower than for Maze Runner on same period if I remember. PJ2 should have had a higher buzz because it is a sequel. Maze Runner isn't a sequel.

You mean the people think so: Ohhh, the movie looks great but it is being released in september, this mean the distribuitor doesn't believe in it, then I won't watch it....?????

Really??? 

The movie is being released in september because it doesn't have direct competition (other releases are R Rated) and fox wanted time for the marketing.

I don't like the movie because I still didn't watch it.

I am looking the facts.

• Like 2

Man, Maze Runner's budget is 30M... Percy Jackson or Jack The Giant Slayer's box office is more than sufficient for it.

The buzz for Percy Jackson 2 was lower than for Maze Runner on same period if I remember. PJ2 should have had a higher buzz because it is a sequel. Maze Runner isn't a sequel.

You mean the people think so: Ohhh, the movie looks great but it is being released in september, this mean the distribuitor doesn't believe in it, then I won't watch it....?????

Really??? 

The movie is being released in september because it doesn't have direct competition (other releases are R Rated) and fox wanted time for the marketing.

I don't like the movie because I still didn't watch it.

I am looking the facts.

I'm not saying it won't break even. You have my international prediction on page 1.

As for your idea about how people go into cinemas different month you are delusional.  Do you really think we would have the same box office numbers all year if we had the same quality movies all year? Remember that cinemas and movies have to compete with other activities. Also viewers have different amount of money in different months of the year. 

Also you forget that studios think of movies in terms of precedents. If there was no big openings in september. They assume anything opening in september will do similar numbers. Sometimes they try to break the mold but that only happens with movies they believe in, with a strong brand (GOTG, Captain America 2, Hunger Games etc).

So yeah studios assume less people go to cinemas in september. That is why most blockbuster are released in a very narrow period of time. Even with the expanding period of time they are released you can clearly see a trend in US release dates (which still dictate most of Interntational release dates) where movies with better box office potential are given some dates while movies with worse box office potential are given other dates. 

The wikipedia dump month article is a little outdated but you should read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_months

Also compare biggest september openings ($42m)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/month/?mo=09&p=.htm

to biggest may openings ($207m). The only month with weaker opening dates than september is January ($41m). 

Please read up before speculating about how the movie business operates. 

btw. Your name is MazeRunner and you assume the material is good. You are clearly a fan and you are fiercly defending it. Don't deny it just to pretend you are objective. 

Edited by norbar
  • Like 1

I'm not saying it won't break even. You have my international prediction on page 1.

As for your idea about how people go into cinemas different month you are delusional.  Do you really think we would have the same box office numbers all year if we had the same quality movies all year? Remember that cinemas and movies have to compete with other activities. Also viewers have different amount of money in different months of the year. 

Also you forget that studios think of movies in terms of precedents. If there was no big openings in september. They assume anything opening in september will do similar numbers. Sometimes they try to break the mold but that only happens with movies they believe in, with a strong brand (GOTG, Captain America 2, Hunger Games etc).

So yeah studios assume less people go to cinemas in september. That is why most blockbuster are released in a very narrow period of time. Even with the expanding period of time they are released you can clearly see a trend in US release dates (which still dictate most of Interntational release dates) where movies with better box office potential are given some dates while movies with worse box office potential are given other dates. 

The wikipedia dump month article is a little outdated but you should read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_months

Also compare biggest september openings ($42m)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/month/?mo=09&p=.htm

to biggest may openings ($207m). The only month with weaker opening dates than september is January ($41m). 

Please read up before speculating about how the movie business operates. 

btw. Your name is MazeRunner and you assume the material is good. You are clearly a fan and you are fiercly defending it. Don't deny it just to pretend you are objective. 

I am fan of book yep but if the movie is shit, I will say my disappointment for sure. Like happened with maleficent.

You predict 130-140M

I am predicting 150M without China and 180M with China.

Why are we discussing?  :blink:

• Like 2

I can see it playing similar to the first PJ OS, so around 137M. However, if it DOES get a release in China, like MazeRunner23 said, I could see it pushing the 150 mark, maybe 155OS

If it does end up being a stinker of a film though, I'd push my prediction down closer to 100M

• Like 1