ddddeeee

A good write-up on CinemaSins, Everything Wrong With... etc

I don t care if it is satire or not, all I hear is bored geeks nitpicking everything to death for their own demented pleasure.They must think of themselves as being so cool and edgy.

Solution: dont type in "Cinemasins" on youtube. I have no idea how thats so hard?
  • Like 3

Honest Trailers are funny, Cinemasins starts get boring after one video, but I don't mind them, they're harmless

I really like Honest Trailers and its Youtube channel, their videos are great and Hal Rudnick is very charismatic. Cinemasins is not fun or funny at all, but it's harmless, so who cares?

I'm on the love Honest Trailers but don't really care for CinemaSins bandwagon. I'm also on the, it's not a problem with those videos but with people taking those videos as actual valid criticism bandwagon. And finally I'm on the if you don't find either channel funny then good for you but no need to critisize what other people enjoy bandwagon. 

Edited by Spottswoode
  • Like 2

What I dislike about these videos is when they - more than just making fun - suggest whether a movie is actually good or not and venture into a weird form of reviewing.

But that article isn't much better by also calling out "definite" bad movies and movies which either deserve or don't deserve such videos.

After all, it is basically harmless stuff meant for fun... and some of them are indeed quite funny. Not enough to care for them, though.

I think Game of Thrones is a great show, but its Honest Trailer is still the best so far. The series is at its best when it taps into relatable reactions that go beyond the overall quality of the product (ie catchy theme, the hatred of Joffrey, the overstuffed characters) For short, when it's actually HONEST, not just nitpicky

Edited by tribefan695

My friend had me watch the 'Everything Wrong with' on Nightmare Before Christmas because he knows I love it and they were talking about how Jack and Sally couldn't have sex as if it were some huge flaw. This is a children's movie! These people actively look for things to nitpick.

I think there are legitimate complaints about these things, which can be pretty bad, but just about how they're kinda lame and not the funny, cool, post-modern takes that they think they are. The article is just kinda embarrassing and I usually like the dissolve.

My friend had me watch the 'Everything Wrong with' on Nightmare Before Christmas because he knows I love it and they were talking about how Jack and Sally couldn't have sex as if it were some huge flaw. This is a children's movie! These people actively look for things to nitpick.

Even if it wasn't a kids movie, you don't have to come up with an explanation for everything; leave that to the fanfics.

Edited by tribefan695

Honest Trailers is pretty funny. I laughed at a lot of them even if I liked the movie

however, what the hell are those "Everything Wrong With" videos about? Is it just some guy reading the IMDB's goof's list for a movie or something? What's the point? That sounds dumb as hell